11/3 Max AMPS 354 +2 434 + 4 422

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you can increase tonight (and probably fast track increases until he comes down a bit) but let's see what Wendy says.

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Max comes back down soon. :bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hmm, I don't seem to be getting tags today. This is the second one I've stumbled upon. Good thing I like to check up on Max (and you too Lori).

You have a couple options for an increase, which he needs. Option 1 is to go up 1 unit to 8.5 units and hold for six cycles, or more if needed. Option 2 is to go up to 8 units. We wouldn't do a fast track (faster increases). We only fast track if kitty isn't seeing anything under 300 and he did get down to 202 the other night. Going up 1 unit is a bit of a jump, but this is special circumstances after an insulin switch, and you do a great job testing Lori. Your choice whether you want to increase tonight or tomorrow morning.

5. Max & Lori

I am so glad you do check up on us too! You are so appreciated Wendy. It seems like he goes lower at night so I think I will increase tomorrow morning. Would it be okay to try 8 units first just to see what he does? I really want to move him up to get these numbers down but it seems like to me that Max will do something crazy when I least expect it. He probably needs at least the 8.5 but I’d kind of like to see what 8 will do. So I would hold that for 6 cycles as well right? Another thing is we have the daylight savings time change coming go up this weekend. Is it best to try and do the 15 minutes per day method with him since we are trying to adjust his dose? What would you do? @Wendy&Neko

6. Wendy&Neko

It's up to you, if you want to just go to 8 units, you can do that too. That's why I listed it as an option. I'm pretty sure he'll need more, and you did sound anxious to get him into better numbers, which is why I suggested 8.5 as an option too.

As for the time change, it really won't matter. He's not regulated. Take option D and sleep in would be my vote. If he lets you of course. Neko was always very good at keeping track of food time. :p

7. Max & Lori

Lol you’re right about that with the sleep. I’d vote for option D too. I will think on it a little more about the dose. You are right too in me being anxious to get him into better numbers. At least he seems to be feeling a little better even though he is still up there. :)

8. Max & Lori

I went ahead and gave 8 units tonight. Will see if that will do anything for him. I’m getting annoyed with the Libre. Max is scratching at it and sometimes I have to keep trying to get it to read. If he keeps it on until this one expires I am going back to the human meter. NC State wanted me to try it. I tried it, just not sure if it’s going to work for us.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Do you have something on top of the Libre like a collar or jacket? Maybe a Thundershirt? I saw an article that said to pin the top and bottom of a sock around the next, presuming it's located up there.

Max & Lori likes this.
  10. Max & Lori

They placed it too high in his neck to wear a t shirt. I tried that. I ended up cutting up a pair of leggings and made a soft collar out of that. He still scratches though. It’s way higher on his neck than any other pictures I’ve seen with other cats having them. He also got a terrible hair cut. :(
    upload_2021-11-3_19-4-39.jpeg

11. Max & Lori

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You have a good plan sounds like. I really hope to see better colors on Max’s spreadsheet soon!!