11/4 Esmeralda's AMPS 395, +4 232, +6 64

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Danette & Esmeralda (Essi), Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Danette & Esmeralda (Essi) Member

will give her no PM shot again, but test every 30min. re test top of the hr

2. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Cant believe what a differnce Dry Food makes WOW

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

for some cats it makes a HUGE difference. :mrgreen:

See ya in 30 minutes.

4. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

5. Libby and Lucy

she's stubborn, isn't she? (of course she is, she is Siamese). It's looking like skipping tonight's shot again is a good idea. How about some more gravy, or a little more syrup, then test again in 15 minutes.

6. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Libby & Lucy,

AWW she is a honey and stuborn at the same time, as most women are, lol, she just got fed, 1/2 can 5.5 oz purina dm. w/warm water. will test at 30min after the hr.

7. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

She is such is a good mood at 45. omg, she is sooooo her Esmeralda self.

8. Libby and Lucy

good, hopefully her dinner will give her numbers a boost.

If you'll look at your spreadsheet yesterday, most likely you can expect her to bounce high at some point. You just have to stay on top of the numbers until the bounce starts.

9. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Wow, Danette, more of the same tonight, huh? You're doing terrific, and you are in GREAT hands! I'm wiped out, heading to bed...I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I hope she starts rising soon for you!

10. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

ahhh Laurie,
    Im so tired, its been a day again. she is at 49 +13 (no pm shot), and i reduced her shot to 1.5

11. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Esmeralda can do circles around me tonight. she is wondering what all the "FUSS" is about. But Im sooooo tired. Its on the rise, but I dont want it to do w/food. so I shall wait until the top the hr.

12. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Oh I Love her, but gosh im tired.... its been 14 hrs so far for me.

13. Libby and Lucy

there's nothing wrong with helping her with food. I've done it many times. You want to get at least 2 rising numbers before sleep, and get her above 60, so you're not done yet. Hopefully dinner will kick in by the next test, but you can always give more gravy.

14. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Oh my boys are mad cause im tired wont make a "meal" they had pizza, my husbands mad cause Im paying more attention to Essi, UGH. Ive had her 11 years lol

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

what an incredible job you've done for these past 14 hours - amazing. I just wanted top say Way to go!

16. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

omgoodness im tired, oh heck, what about essi ears..... she draws them back to her head when i pull the pen.... BUT she sooo purrrres when i pick her up and give her love......

17. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I know Danette, I see that the plan is to reduce to 1.0u tomorrow morning....that sounds good. Sometimes removing the dry food makes a really BIG difference, sometimes not as much...big difference for Essi!

Don't worry, listen to the good folks helping you tonight! Libby is awesome, far more experienced than me so you are in the best of hands...let her guide you. I hope Essi starts back up soon so you can get some sleep!

18. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

I think I have a new nickname for your kitty -it's Kebejja which means Stubborn in Lusoga which is an Ugandan dialect. How do I know that ? It's my daughter's middle name and believe me she's stubborn.

Seriously Danette you are really getting a baptism of fire here but you're handling it like such a pro. I;m anxious to see what her next reading is. Hang in there.

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Great job today, Danette! Soon you'll be able to get to sleep. Try a little Neosporin with pain-killer on Esmeralda's ears so that they will feel better.

Ella

20. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

awww Ella & Stu,

Yah I do, every night i put some on her ears, she likes me better the next AM. LOL. I really cant complain, she is a great "1st born". My husband even says "the trust she has w/you is just in AHHHHH". Id never do her wrong, afterall she is my Essigirl

21. Libby and Lucy

any new numbers yet?

About tomorrow, given her response today and the fact that you deserve a break, I would probably go ahead and reduce even more tomorrow, even as low as 0.5 units. If it doesn't work you can always increase it again. If you have any doubts, post in the morning and ask for input. The answer might depend on how long it takes her to go back up tonight, as well as how high she is in the morning.

22. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Libby & Lucy,
    10 more min. 30 min past the hr. Every 30 min. she is soooo happy right now. I honesly expect to see her numbers rise from 49 (+13), 52 (+14). Keep ur fingers crossed. 10 more min.

23. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

crossing my fingers for you..poured a scotch and drinking it for you!! SEE I AM DOING MY PART to help you both!! you have had QUITE the day!!!!

24. Jenny and Sue

Jenny and Sue Member

25. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Esmeralda is at +14.5/56

26. Libby and Lucy

she's getting there! Feed a little and test again in 30. You're looking for at least 2 rising numbers in a row and for her to get above 60 before bed.

Sorry, I have to sleep now but you know what to do, and the west coast people will be around for a while. I'll PM a couple of people to keep an eye on you. She *should* be finished dropping and you just need to get her to a number that is comfortable for you to go to bed.

27. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

OK Guys,

Recap +12 45
    +13 49
    +14 52
    +14.5 56

Im thinking its on the rise, your thoughts?

28. Libby and Lucy

I hope so! I know you're exhausted, but hang on just a little longer. Hopefully the next test will be higher. I don't want you to stop testing until she is in the 60's. Remember, it's ok to feed higher carb food, in my opinion she has already earned another dose reduction so she has nothing left to prove tonight.

29. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi ! How's Esmeralda doing? any more updates?

30. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Willya Look at that!!! Essie's doing great & her momma bean is exhausted--
    NOW WELCOME TO LANTUS LAND--YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A MEMBER :lol: :lol: :lol: party_cat party_cat
    It's always a pleasure to see a kitty doing so well--and a bean who's so dedicated as you--Great job!
    It will be worth it! Hope you get some sleep tonite--Hugs from Us!!

31. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hope all is well with Esmeralda. Congrats on the lower dosage for tomorrow. Please post any updates when you have them. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.