11/4 Luci AMPS 236 Pics* - Catching up!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Our last condo: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-15-luci-amps-98-pics.251425/#post-2837676

Good morning everyone! Gee it's been a long time since I've posted - it always seems that Luci is status quo and the day gets away from me...and then the week, the month...well you know. I do stop in from time to time to try to help others and comment here and there...

We've made our semi-annual migration from Michigan to Florida - it always seems like we're 'moving'. Since we stay in Florida for 7 months it's not just packing a suitcase...it's cleaning out refrigerators, freezers, the pantry, etc. and a whole plethora of other winterizing tasks; cleaning up the gardens...the list now consists of about 4 pages of typewritten 'reminders'. And to think we have one almost as long when we leave the condo in the Spring - no lawn stuff, but plenty of other 'reminders'...

It's time consuming and a bit nerve wracking as I'm always worried about forgetting something important.

Luci traveled like a champ once again - she's the easiest cat I've ever known for these long long road trips. She relaxes in her carrier - sitting on top of the cooler in the back seat (it sits between bucket seats on the floor) so she can see. I have a big SUV so she's able to have an optimal view should she decide to peer out - she seems to settle in easily and seems to know when we're getting ready to leave. She's happy when we get here and runs around exploring everything!

Her numbers of late are awful and I think some of that is due to the stress of 'moving'. She needs to find her way back into some better bluer/greener numbers soon...otherwise an increase might be needed for a bit...we'll see.

Someone decided that they needed my work computer more than I did and stole it on the weekend, so I've had a little bit of vacation time (unexpected) this week which has allowed me to catch up on the unpacking and even to do a bit of lunching/shopping with my sister in law. Great to have some free time! I still haven't had time to go to the beach - hopefully soon! Who lives within 2 miles of the beach and can't get there for days??

Here are a couple of pics of Luci for your viewing enjoyment. She's certainly a character!
    upload_2021-11-4_6-58-16.png
    This is her Florida mouse bed - thanks Jamie! @Bellasmom

upload_2021-11-4_6-59-34.png
    She's waiting on the testing towel...well almost - she figures if her toes are touching, that's good enough!

Sending prayers to @Our Dolly Girl and @Summer and Susie (GA)

Have a great day everyone! Hug your sugar cats! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning, Sue. Welcome back to Florida. Thanks for the prayers. They are appreciated. I love the pics of your Luci. Love her little cat bed. I just rescued another little kitty that looks a lot like Susie and Luci. He is a four year old male but acts like a kitten. He is terrified of my dogs so the introductions will take some time. I have been told to keep him isolated for one to two weeks but maybe longer with the dogs. I keep him in my bedroom where he has his food, water and kitty litter box. He stays under my bed all day and comes out at night. Check out the similarities. He is helping my heart heal but Susie is still missed dearly.

upload_2021-11-4_7-52-59.jpeg

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I certainly chose the right day to check the board! I hadn't been on for a few days so I was excited to see that Sue posted then was even more so when I saw Summer posted as well! Adorable pics, both of you! :woot:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Awwwwwww....he's precious! I hope he'll adjust soon. I adopted a cat, Sam several years ago - and he was so terrified of everything he lived behind the dryer for at least two weeks...he wouldn't come out except to eat and take care of biz...he was from a home where the lady had 36 cats - terribly traumatized...but after a while he came out to explore and he was the sweetest cat I've ever known...just a little lovable ball of fur. He lived with us until he passed many years later from a stroke...he's resting out under the big oak tree now with our other GA's...I'll always love him. You never forget those furbabies do you?

Thanks for the warm welcome back to the warm state! It seems like we were falling down and down into winter in Michigan and suddenly we're snapped back into Summer! It's quite warm and humid here and the A/C runs all the time - just like Summer!! Hope to see you post pics of your new baby when he comes out to take over the kingdom :)

5. Sue and Luci

Awww...thanks Mandy! It's great to see old friends here! We're all bonded for life I think... :facepalm::p:D:joyful::joyful: The trials and tribulations of learning the ropes with this FD...it's an experience I'll never forget!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Mandy. It is good to hear from you again. Thank you, again, for being such a huge supporter of mine in the final weeks of Susie's life. I don't know what I would have done without my "friends".

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Summer and Susie (GA)

No, we never forget our furbabies. Thanks for telling me the story about Sam. It encourages me just to be patient and give this time. Boo is a really sweet kitty when I manage to connect with him. I just can't wait for us to be one, big, happy family.

Enjoy the warm humid weather. We are supposed to have a pretty big storm between tomorrow and Saturday morning. Lots of wind and rain. We do need the rain. Take care, Sue.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures. It's great to hear from you. I'm glad Luci is doing well. Sorry about your laptop.

9. Sue and Luci

Thanks! It was a full sized computer, a big monitor, all the cables and the works... Fortunately for me I have the laptop with me...I use it to remote to that big computer at work with - I'm still in a state of disbelief that someone would come by and haul all of that stuff away like that...it's really been a huge hassle...but it was good not to have to work for a few days!

I hope you and Furball are doing well! Getting ready for winter?

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's crazy. It's finally getting cooler here, but we're having a warm spell next week.

Sue and Luci likes this.