11/4 Milo 480 AMPS | HI +1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ava-and-Milo, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-3-milos-fast-drop-6-253-8-117-is-he-safe.255031/

I hope this is how I link my previous thread ? This is my first real post on the Lantus forum..

I just left for work, and Milo remained HI before leaving. I attached the image of his LIBRE results to my spreadsheet. I plan on going home on lunch break to check him-

someone had mentioned previously he might be high the next cycle because if his 117 nadir yesterday.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Ava,

Welcome to LBL forum. Yes, you have linked your previous thread correctly! :)

He is indeed bouncing from the 117 he saw yesterday.

I think you have been on the 0.5U dose more than a week now? If so, I think he is good for an increase to 0.75U. Tagging @tiffmaxee for confirmation.

3. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

Yes we have been at .5 since September. I just haven’t had successful testing until now ( thankful for the libre) so I’m finally able to figure out what needs to happen. Waiting on confirmation with you :)

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. I would increase.

5. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

Thank you! Can I start the increased dose tonight? Or do I wait for morning?

6. Bandit's Mom

I think you can. @tiffmaxee ?

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

you could start tonight....usually the first few cycles will resemble the previous ones until the depot is filled up and releasing the new amount. Sometimes, the numbers will actually go higher right after an increase! We don't know why this happens (when you'd expect the numbers to go down) but it happens so often that we have a term for it called New Dose Wonkiness (NDW)

8. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

Hey all about to update my signature and SS to TR instead of SLGS. Since I have the libre now I’d like to try TR

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Great!

10. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

So I just came home on my lunch break. Milo is under the bed which isn’t unusual. But to get him to come closer to me I had to bribe him with Pure bites dried chicken. He got a few so I could scan him and he is still HI. I’m worried! Do I need to stay home longer and watch him?

11. tiffmaxee

You don’t need to watch him when his bg is high. Hrs still bouncing from the 119 yesterday. It can take up to 6 cycles to clear. When you need to watch him closely is if he’s low. I would get a ketone test when you can. Perhaps tonight?

Ava-and-Milo likes this.
  12. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

I have tests at home I do whenever I can catch him peeing! I’ll try to get one tonight for sure!

13. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

Will the dose increase tonight to .75 speed up the cycle of highs? Or will it stay the same? Thank you for all your help by the way, I feel so lost with all of this.

14. tiffmaxee

I’m sure it will be fine but with him hiding and bouncing high it’s a good idea to check.

15. tiffmaxee

Hopefully the increase will get him into better numbers. Been on this dose for a long time so more increases may be needed to get to a good dose but there’s no way to know. There are lots of factors like new dose wonkiness as Chris mentioned. He will guide this dance. We follow his lead.

16. Ava-and-Milo

Ava-and-Milo Member

Milo was hi the rest of the afternoon up until PMPS. I just gave him his new dose of .75 .. quite a hard dose to draw. But I’m hoping it helps him. I know you guys have mentioned to expect the high numbers for a few cycles. Should I be expecting “HI” readings - as in too high for the libre - or high as in the 400s ?

17. tiffmaxee