? 11/4 Phoenix Should I decrease insulin again?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Scdal, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Scdal

Scdal Member

@Bandit's Mom
    @tiffmaxee

Phoenix is still dropping low. I decreased his insulin down to 10 units on Tuesday evening. That was only 2 days ago. Wednesday night, I had to give him fancy feast hc to keep his BG up. Today, his BG at +5 is 91.

Over the past week, we have decreased his insulin from 11.5 units to 10.

Should I decrease his insulin again or just wait and see? I do have 2 errands to run tomorrow that I have to do. I could always give him honey before I leave if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would stick with this dose. Looking good and not too low. I think you could have given mc and still have been fine Wednesday night.

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You gave him HC at +9 and +10 last night and he still dropped to 72 this morning at AMPS?

See how today goes and take a call. If you have to keep feeding HC, it's time for a reduction.

4. Scdal

Scdal Member

Yes, he still dropped to 72 this morning. I gave him HC at +9 and again at +10 because I was worried about him dropping lower during the 2 hour preshot period. He ate a whole can of fancy feast hc.

I will wait and see how he does today like both of you said. If he stays constant without HC, I will feed him lunch and HC before I run my errands tomorrow. I will not leave the house if he is too low.