11/5 Elmo AMPS 510 ....pulsing AB today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning, all :) Elmo is hung over from his pj party that he was so kind to invite me to :confused: Today is his every other AB pulsing day . Sending prayers and hugs to all in need of them :bighug: And a Happy Tuesday :bighug:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, Elmo-- still kicking up all four heels after all these years!

Hope you get a nap today, Beth!

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  3. Beth 73

:bighug: Nan:bighug: Thanks, Auntie Nan ...getting pretty good at this napping thing...feel blessed I have the freedom to do so...I never take it for granted ❤️ Tried last night to keep him blue to stay away from blacks....when you get a minute let me know what you think of my feeding choices. Happy Tuesday❤️

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Seems Elmo is a party animal and doesn't want you to sleep at night Beth! I suppose it's good he didn't go shark hunting but still........ SIGH! Hope you get in a good nap today! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hugs to you and Elmo, Beth. AB pulsing . . . I don't recall - can you briefly describe?

6. Beth 73

Good morning, Auntie Linda :bighug: Any insight on how I fed last night greatly appreciated. So comforting that Bron went thru this with Sheba :bighug: And yes , the positives are he did not shark hunt ,negative ketones, he did not have to eat HC /honey and I got to get more than one hour sleep !

LizzieInTexas and Sonia & Leo like this.
  7. Beth 73

Morning , Jan :bighug: Hugs welcomed and received :bighug: Elmo cannot have dentals due to multiple health and age related things ... we walk a fine balancing act with him . Because of this the vet has us pulse low dose ABs 4 x a week and then once a month 2x a day for a week to keep infection at bay . We had to do this with our son when he was little due to reoccurring ear infections . So pulsing is something we were quite familiar with .

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Beth. I had seen, registered, then didn't even understand this morning. I want to be in tune more with what you are doing for our beautiful grandpa. Last week, I visited a house with three kitties, one of which looks like Elmo, and she gave me the Elmo face!!! Her name is Sadie and she's about 6. I meant to tell you before now!

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Elmo comes back down today and the AB pulsing goes well. I hope you can get a nap in.

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

What you did last night food wise seems to have kept Elmo surfing in roughly the same range for hours so I'd definitely keep that "plan" noted for future reference. You did a great job devising that strategy and it was a great idea to steer clear of the HC unless really needed. :D

11. Beth 73

Linda, your words hug my heart ❤️ I am thrilled to have steered clear of HC /honey . Also started in on MC immediately , not messing with LC at all. Glad all it took was 5 t of MC to keep him blue :cool:

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a night! You did so good with your way of feeding which kept him in safe numbers! :)
    Hurry up for a nap before Elmo rides again... !! :bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful day Beth and Elmo! Get a good nap in today, I'm sending tiny elf vines to finish all the work for you in time for family at Thanksgiving! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Such a great job feeding Elmo last night Beth, I hope you get some sleep today.
    When I look at the picture of Elmo and the look he has on his face, I can just hear him saying to you "So what's the problem mom" lol

15. Beth 73

:bighug:Diane:bighug: Thanks for having our back, Diane ❤️ As I now continue to clean he is sound asleep ....cheeky cat :woot: Taking care of him now reminds me of all we did for my 97 year old Momma in those last years . We honored her life when she needed almost nothing from us by being there for her in her last season. That’s how I feel ab all this care for a 19 year old kitty...we are honoring his life ❤️

16. Beth 73

❤️Sonia :bighug: I receive those worker elves with gladness :) Good thing is whatever doesn’t get accomplished I can blame on the water leaks !!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. Beth 73

:joyful: :p Ha ! I have taken away his horse , Lyane :woot: Happy Tuesday to you and Ti ❤️

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you Beth, I just want to kiss that face of his all over

19. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Those naps get addictive.

Red & Rover (GA) and Beth 73 like this.
  20. Beth 73

Naps and ice cream , Paula, naps and ice cream ❤️ What office will you hold after winning election today ? How exciting !

21. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Go catch up on your sleep, Beth. The house can wait.

Beth 73 likes this.
  22. Beth 73

:bighug: Kel :bighug: Thank you, my friend ❤️ Just went for ice cream and after lunch I shall have a little sleep :)

23. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Auditor. I was a write in 2 yrs ago and won for open unexpired term. So I'm up for re-election.

Beth 73 likes this.
  24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You said this last night.
    Not sure that worked so well. I am pretty sure Elmo read that. :rolleyes: From what I have seen, kitties don’t “get used” to blue then green. The best way to slow bouncing is to go for the safe greens. I think what triggered the bounce was those darn fast drops.

If you want to remember what you did with food for future reference, you might want to note it in the Remarks section of the spreadsheet.

Beth 73 likes this.
  25. Beth 73

Wendy, any " anti dropping tips"welcome ( slow down the drop tips as well :)) and my notes are in a vast daily notebook as hillbilly internet can be hit and miss in this territory as far as need to retrieve info . I'm a spiral notebook kinda gal because of it .And what is a " reasonable" drop ? Not sure I’ve consistently experienced those very often with Elmo :woot: Per what happened last night ( 400s at pmps and +2) what would have been a plan of response ? @Wendy&Neko Thank you in advance

26. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It depends on the cat, but for some, anything over 50 points drop an hour can set off a bounce. Elmo seems to like to really drop between +2 and +3. Maybe a lower +2 means the odd +2.5 test, so you can pinpoint when exactly he needs some fresh carbs. I am glad you have food notes somewhere.

Beth 73 likes this.
  27. Beth 73

Good plan, Wendy :) Thank you :cat: