11/7 Teal'c Amps 87 today he has been diabetic for 1 year

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Teal'c, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

10/21

I think this was my last post.

I'm posting today because we are at a anniversary. It's me and my husband's 26th anniversary and Teal'c's 1 year of being a diabetic and he has come so far with the help of the people on this board.

I remember all the tears the first several long months of his dx trying to get a handle on it. Being unsure of what I was doing, and praying I could do what needed to be done. As it turned out it has all become second nature for him and I both. I feel blessed he is a easy going kitty and took to the shots and poking the ear so well.

I still make mistakes at times, still occasionally poke thru the ear or just last week I grabbed the wrong pouch and fed him HC food. When I had realized he had already eating it. +4 he was 195 and I told him I hoped he enjoyed it cause it won't happen again. By morning he was back down in the green.

I have to thank the people of this group for all the help we have received. Without you we might still be struggling and he wouldn't be well regulated today. Hugs to all of you for what you do to help others here. I see new people join everyday and think just listen to what they are telling you and it will get better.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:.

2. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Molly’s 2nd year as a diabetic is next month. We’ve had our ups and downs. She too is a patient Kitty with the testing. I still pray one day she’ll go in remission. I still have stressful days if her numbers aren’t where I’d like to see them.
    But we love her and that’s all that matters!

Patty & Teal'c likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to see the progress Teal'c has made. He is lucky to have you. Happy Anniversary to you and DH.

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

This board and the people on it are lifesavers for a lot of people, me included. It's wonderful to see Teal'c so well regulated.
    Happy anniversary to you and your husband.

thebigfuzz and Patty & Teal'c like this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You and Teal'c have come a long way Patty. :bighug: I found it helpful to look back at the beginning and see the progress in cat and caregiver. Reading one's first posts can be amusing too. :rolleyes:

6. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Funny you said that because that is what I did. I was a mess lol. And his spreadsheet looks like a rainbow every color under the sun.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

You have done a fabulous job with Teal’c look at his gorgeous spreadsheet now :D:cool: Hope you have had a very happy anniversary, with both your boys

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You've done all the work Patty! And you both have come a long way! :joyful: Has it been a year already? Time sure seems to be going by fast!

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary too! Mine came and went while we were on the road...but we said Happy Anniversary to one another...not much time for anything else.

Have a great day and give Teal'c some scritches from us! :bighug:

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Patty, I hope you and Teal'c are doing ok!

Happy New Year!