12/01/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=181, +3=223, +4.5=221

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 1, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/30

AMPS=179

Happy Caturday!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. I hope he has a good day today. :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice blue start

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yeah , it’s Caturday :woot: Sending good appy and no pain of any kind prayers to Gizmo :bighug::bighug:

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Gizmo has Kidney Disease. Do you give him Calcitriol ? Ravan gets a nano dose orally 2X a week. since August. I'm not sure if it's from the Calcitriol but he was leaking urine constantly but now it's almost stopped.
    If you'd like more info about it let me know.

Have a Nice Weekend :)

6. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=181

History:
    AMPS=179, +3=104, +5=121, +6=157, +11=185

7. LizzieInTexas

Yes, please. It is OTC or prescribed? Any info is appriciated.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Lots of info about calcitriol here http://www.zzcat.com/CRF/calcitriol/index.html

Yes you do need a prescription .I used " Us Compounding Veterinary Pharmacy "1 800 718-3588 I bought a 15Ml bottle (Flavorless) I tasted it & it kinda tastes like olive oil. Ravan doesn't mind it at all. I give it to him by mouth on Sunday night 9PM & again on Thurs Morning 9AM. It needs to be so many hrs apart & it's important to stick to the schedule you decide on. It's given on an empty stomach. No food 30 mins before & after. You can read it all on the web site I included. I heard about it on a talk between Dr. Karen becker & Dr Pierson.

I wrote up all the info about the compounding Pharmacy & gave it to my Vet & asked him to call in the prescription. He tells the pharmacists the cats weight & they will tell him the dose. It costs $85 & is lasting me about 6 months (depends on the dose)

When you first start,after 10 days you're supposed to have Kitties blood tested for calcium level. My vet deals with an IDEXX Lab he had a Renal Panel done # 114 Ravan Calcium was good to continue with the Calcitriol.

The compounding Pharmacy I dealt with was very nice. I called them several times for information.( I always ask for a Pharmacist)

If you have any more questions I'd be glad to try to help :) The Video with Dr Becker was very good! A LOT of important information. She was my vet a very long time ago (before she became famous!)

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.