12/01 Molly AMPS 182

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrienne & Molly (GA), Dec 1, 2022.

1. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Molly met me at the bedroom door this morning meowing. I fed her what she was interested in, she ate and decided to come up on my lap and make biscuits. I found she was more vocal this morning, just meowing wanted food and attention, so that's what I gave her. DH wanted a kiss from her, but typical Molly didn't want to.
    She wanted to be tucked into bed, so that's where I put her. She's been going in there the past few days now. I hope to hear from the vet today about medication.

Jackie and Biggie and Cali S like this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Jackie and Biggie

Jackie and Biggie Well-Known Member

I’m glad she ate and she got lots of luvvins and tucked into bed. What a doll. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Adrienne & Molly (GA) likes this.
  4. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

[​IMG]
    Vet said that prednisolone isn't available. I attached the ultrasound image.

5. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Ultrasound attached

Attached Files:

6. Jackie and Biggie

Jackie and Biggie Well-Known Member

My vet didn’t have it for awhile either but I was able to easily get it online. I got it through covetrus but I think it’s likely others have it too.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to give Molly loving this morning. I hope you have more good days with her. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Wendy&Neko
    Wendy do you think you can take a look at this for Adrienne post #5
    Thank you

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm in BC too and I give prednisolone daily to my SCL kitty. I get mine compounded into a chicken flavour soft chew. from a local compounding pharmacy. Prednisolone is a very common drug for cats. Ask the vet if they can keep looking. It is out there.

@Diane Tyler's Mom I don't read ultrasounds. I'm not a vet.

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Wendy&Neko
    I'm sorry Wendy

11. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

The clinic here was getting prednisone in liquid. But it was arriving frozen. She said I’m on the list if it becomes available.
    My mom is going to check at the clinic in Nova Scotia, see if it available there.
    The Cerenia Molly keeps spitting it out, I was putting it in a soft chew, but she eats around it. Any suggestions can I crush it?

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cerenia is bitter tasting, crushing it won't work. I'd try putting it in a blank gel cap. If you have any local pharmacies in town, especially ones that do compounding, they'd be a source of blank gel caps. You want size 3 or 4 for Cerenia. The larger the number, the smaller the gel cap.

Ask your clinic if they can get prednisolone in chew form. The liquid would have been compounded too. The soft chews don't matter so much if they are cold. I get mine from a clinic in North Vancouver. There has to be a compounding clinic even closer to you, but it's harder to find one that does pet meds too.