12/02 Boomer AMPS 88 +3 58 +6 76 PMPS 90, gave mirtazapine, also bupre. photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 88 shooting 1.5u

Boomer ate a bit last night; I left him small snacks (4 choices) and he nibbled on two of them. I almost gave him a mirtazapine last night. Yesterday he started off eating really well but his appy did wane as the day went on.

He ate his breakfast ok.....ate about half so I gave him his shot, then I wait until he settles on his desk and I put his leftovers up there....he hasn't eaten it yet but quite often he will.

DH is picking the bupre (funny, auto correct changed it to burp) this morning from Dr Larry.

Today on the agenda....well it's cloudy and snowing out and I'm not feeling the love for the weather and grey skies; I have some things to do around home that didn't get done yesterday partly because I started a jigsaw puzzle lol.

Today's photo is one of the resident Red-Tailed Hawks that hang around Saunders Pond!

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer. I hope he eats better for you. Great picture.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending appy vines
    Beautiful start Boomer
    Have a great day Judy

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful greens Boomer! :D
    That's such a gorgeous picture Judy. Have a great day! :)

5. Judy and Boomer

+3 58
    I offered 3 different foods. He sniffed/licked all 3 then nothing. I ended up feeding him a small amount of one of them. So I've given a mirtazapine.

6. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Have a great day today!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Ok Boomer, that's low enough.

Do you know what dose of burpe and the concentration you will be giving? You don't want him zonked.

8. Judy and Boomer

No but DH is on his way to Dr Larry's to pick it up.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

So nice to see Boomer getting such great #'s Hope he keeps coming down for another decrease! :D
    [​IMG]

10. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful start Boomer! You make it look so easy:D
    I hope you have a great day Judy!

11. Judy and Boomer

@Olive & Paula the bupre. is .8mg liquid and his dose is .2ml 2-4 times a day as needed.

12. Judy and Boomer

Gave .2ml bupre at 12:45 pm (almost +6).

13. Judy and Boomer

14. Olive & Paula

Ollie is 0.5mg/ml. She's gets 0.2 every 8 hrs.

I like to always start as low as possible. IMO only for Boomer I think I would try it every 12 hrs for a day or two. If you don't think it's enough try every 8 hrs. And so on. Boomer needs to feel better but not zonked. Then when it's controlled for some time, try decreasing dose or lengthen time in between until you find the perfect ratio.

I still try to decrease Ollie's every month (0.15). Rather her not be on it but she is so much better on the 0.2. And it keeps the p'titis from flaring up to bad.

It's possible if he is chronic, he might need regular dosing for life, like Ollie, except I'm sure Ollie's helps with passing the stool, acro, abdominal mass.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Olive & Paula

Oh and I read I think in it's info sheet to protect from light. Vet puts it in a small bottle inside a blue pill bottle and I keep that in the "new" Ollie kitchen drawer. Yes one of the new drawers that were added is for pet meds/supplies. Mostly Ollie's stuff.

16. Judy and Boomer

Yes, a couple of times when Boomer had a dental extraction bupre. was prescribed and it was put in an envelope and I was told to keep it in a dark place.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Bupe!
    I hope that Boomer will get his appetite back. Did you try the liver shake?

Neat shot of the Red Tailed hawk.

Snowing lightly here all day. Further south they have weather advisories.

18. Judy and Boomer

No, I haven't.

19. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 90 shooting 1.5u
    I want to give the bupre starting twice a day at first. Since his first dose was at 1:00 pm and I'm not willing to even try to give it by myself at 1:00 am, I'm going to hold off til tomorrow morning, then he will get it with his insulin. That way, I won't lose track of when it's been given.

ETA: He ate a good dinner without any cajoling, pleading, adding of fortiflora, etc.

20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope his appy picks up. He's got great looking numbers in spite of it all! Beautiful shot of the hawk!

Glad to hear he ate his dinner easily! Have a good evening Judy!

21. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I What dose of mirtazapine do you give to Boomer, I gave Buddy 1/8 of a 15 mg pill 48 hrs ago and 1/8 of a 15 mg pill a little while ago. I am kind of new to Mirtazapine. Buddy gets his Bupe from a compounding pharmacy and it must be kept in the refrigerator, I was told that .6 was the max for a day, for a cat Buddy's size and he is pretty big. Buddy stays on his Bupe all the time, but it seems that most of the time he is having a flare, right now he has been not his self for around 10 days. I have all the meds that the vet gives him, but I though I should have him checked out. He is going to the doctor tomorrow. It is always the same thing, sometimes just a little worst than others. I did not know how others dose the Mirt.

22. Olive & Paula

Good luck with the bupre. Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

23. Judy and Boomer

Boomer's mirtazapine is a 2 mg dose and he's on 1 tablet every 3 days but I'm not at the point yet where he's automatically getting it every 3 days.

24. Teresa & Buddy

I appreciate the reply, Buddy's med bottle says give 1/2 of a 15mg every 3 days and that is too much. I did talk to 1 of the doctors about it today, but it helps to know what is helping other sugar babies.

25. Judy and Boomer

What does Buddy weigh? Boomer weighs about 17 lbs.

26. Teresa & Buddy

Boomer does not look that big, I think Buddy weighs around 12-14 lbs. I took him to the vet today and asked about everything but his weight.

27. Judy and Boomer

Wow and Boomer is only getting 2mg of mirtazapine and Buddy is getting 7.5 mg!

28. Teresa & Buddy

No, Buddy is not getting 7.5mg. One time I did give him that dose along with Ondansetron and he went bonkers, that was the 1 and only time at that dose. I gave him 1/8 of the 15mg pill and it did not help his appetite enough, after 48 hrs. I gave him 1/7 of a 15mg pill and it picked up his appetite. When I talked to the vet about how long the dose should last, he thought that 3 days between pills was too long and that 48 hrs. was better.

29. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Boomer eat yur fudz! :cat: