12/02 LANDO AMPS 128; +2 91; PMPS 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lando demando, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

Previous

havent posted in a while. Lando has been having some vomiting issues and loss of appetite. He has lost some weight also. Thinking about introducing some pepcid into the mix?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do you think Lando has stomach acid? Otherwise I wouldn't use Pepcid. Reasons here. Is he still getting Cerenia daily? Have you tried ondansetron? Or slippery elm bark? I hope he feels better soon.

Lando demando likes this.
  3. Lando demando

Thank you Wendy, i am really guessing at this point. He went off cerenia for a few days since he seemed to be doing so well, but ended up vomiting bile looking fluid in the am. The appetite reduction came later.
    I have him back on cerenia and hoping his appetite comes back.
    He either has stomach acid, or a pancreatitis flare or toxins from having kidney disease. I wish i could tell

oh ive also tried slippery elm, but not for months

4. Lando demando

Oh i just read your link and pepcid is NOT recommended for ckd cats. Great to know thank you!

5. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Lando, I hope he feels better and gets his appetite back soon :bighug:

6. Lando demando

Thank you for the well wishes virginie! <3

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I hope he feels better. Cerenia has worked well for him in the past. Did your vet ever give you an RX for ondansetron or did he refuse. I don’t recall.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Lando. I hope he feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Well, you are very experienced in handling the medical issues he has, I know. I would recommend trying the Ondansetron, not in lieu of Cerenia, but in addition to Cerenia. It seems like taking him off of the Cerenia was not a great move. I have used Pepcid only short-term in CKD cats, if they're having foamy vomiting on an empty stomach in the morning. Is he getting a snack overnight -- toward morning -- maybe this could help? When was the last time he had bloodwork done? Is he at the point of needing sub-q fluids at home do you think? I'm just wondering what his BUN is -- it may be making him feel ill. I certainly hope not though. Many hugs to you, Chelsea and love for Lando!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  10. Lando demando

Well, the fault is all on me for the ondesteron. I got caught up in my own stuff and didnt make the call to the vet @tiffmaxee

11. Lando demando

I just had labs done 2-3 months ago. I agree going off cerwnia wasnt the good move. He gets fed 6 xs a day ( including 1 am and 1 pm). I just cant shake the feeling that cerenia spaces him out. But i guess thats better than not eating

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Don’t beat yourself up. We are human. You are a fantastic cat mama.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay. I see those labs from August 31 on his spreadsheet now. He wasn’t ready for sub-q fluids at that time.

14. Lando demando

@Suzanne & Darcy i just looked up his late september labs and his bun was 54 ( 14-36 healthy range). This was before i put him on a liw phos diet btw. This was basically his ckd diagnosis labs

15. Lando demando

Why cant cats speak english haha

16. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

Seriously! Google Translate needs to add “cat” to its list of languages.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

What was his creatinine?

18. Lando demando

2.7 creatinine

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  19. Suzanne & Darcy

So the same as on your spreadsheet for the August 31 bloodwork. Was that August 31 of 2021 (since you had labs done at the end of September this year? Just trying to figure this out.

20. Lando demando

Yes i looked again and the lab sheet says september, but i logged in august. Same lab. Sorry for the confusion. I haven had him re tested since he screams and puffs up everytime he has to go to the vet.

21. audravincent

audravincent Well-Known Member

Hope Lando feels better :bighug:

22. Lando demando

audravincent likes this.