12-03-19 Salem PMPS 144 +1=105 +2.5=51 +2.75=99 +3.5=93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can monitor, and have supplies, a high green is a safe number to shoot.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  3. Tina and Salem

Ok hes at 109 now since he ate .

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For next time, if you get a low pre-shot number, do NOT feed Salem (unless the numbers are below 68 on at AT meter). You want to see numbers rising without the influence of food.

Carla is correct -- for TR, numbers in the 90s are not too low to shoot. It's more a matter of your confidence in managing the curve should numbers drop. If you look at some of our spreadsheets, you'll see that I would shoot anything above 50. You've shot Salem's full dose at 125.

Get your AMPS and as long as you have supplies and are home to monitor, will you be comfortable shooting? I won't be here to do any coaching -- I've got to go to work. I'm hoping Carla will be around.

5. Tina and Salem

Ok i always test before he eats in the am . I dnt know if that matters but i always feel i need to test before he eats at the 2 hours before hes amps shot. Then i test again at 7 before he gets his shot . Thanks ready to monitor . Have a great day . Will remember next time to not feed if numbers are low before preshot for non food influence .

6. carfurby (GA)

I'm at work today and won't be able to stay with you, but I'll check in if I am able to. Make sure you get a +1 and a +2.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It's always good to get a test if/when you can. Doesn't hurt at all. Getting the tests before shots is essential as you never really know if your cat can tolerate insulin - so you're doing fine. You're just getting a feel for where Salem stands and that's always a good thing to know.

I loved your story last night of him helping you with the Christmas tree decorating! So cute!!

I'm heading off to work too...although it's not far. If you feel that you're in trouble change your title to '911' until someone responds.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So far numbers are flat. Be diligent now.

9. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Look at Salem!!!! What a run of blues (and greens!) he's having!

You are doing such a great job with him, Tina, I just hope he lets you get some sleep soon. Just looking at your spreadsheet makes me want some :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:!

10. carfurby (GA)

Nice surfing today.

11. Tina and Salem

Yeah about time too lol

12. Tina and Salem

Salems done Great all day . This morning was a little scarey to shot at 96 ? I have never shoot insulin that low before . I know your not shooting those numbers its coming from the depot but it still scares me that it might go too low later on . I will get use to it just takes some confidence . Each day with all of you helping me makes it easier and im starting to understand and see the whole picture more . Im hoping tonight he surfs like today so i can get more sleep . Its hard to sleep when your worried what you might miss and it could be a bad thing . When i do sleep the first thing to pop in my mind when i wake up is “ wheres Salem ?” Is he ok ?! Lol . Thanks everyone !!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Tina and Salem

Thanks for your help this morning ! Especially when you were trying to get ready for work ! I really appreciated it !

15. Tina and Salem

Thanks for your help this morning ! Especially when you were trying to get ready for work ! I really did appreciate it !

16. carfurby (GA)

You're welcome. I'm glad he surfed safely today.