? 12/03 Furball +10.75=168 AMPS=212 Constipation ? PMPS=116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Dec 3, 2022.

1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...75-177-amps-194-pmps-213.271389/#post-3021188

Furball was happy & purry this morning. I hope she surfs safely today. Does anyone know if S. Boulardii works for constipation or is it just for diarrhea? I'm giving Furball an antibiotic for the infection in her mouth and I usually give S. Boulardii to keep her stomach from getting upset, but I don't want it to cause the Miralax to not work on the constipation. I haven't given any Miralax or S. Boulardii yet. Thanks.

Sending prayers for @J.J. and Phoebe Squeak's DH and Phoebe Squeak and for Pamela and Amethyst (@Pamela & Amethyst) and Lyane's Sister-in-Law, Son-in-Law, Uncle and Pepe (@Ti-Mousse and Pepe) and @Idjit's mom (Lou) and Deirdre (@Jerry dutchboy) and Bridget and Smudge (@Astexcat) and @Tina and Salem and Oberon (@Lisa & Oberon) and Diane, her dad and Ashley (@Diane Tyler's Mom) and Cosmo (@thebigfuzz) and Ruby and Olive and Katherine (@Katherine&Ruby) and Minnie (@Liz & Minnie) and Butters and Lyla (@Butters & Lyla) and Sasha (@SashaV) and Jill (@Debra and Jill (the cat)) and Max and Lori (@Max & Lori) and Tux and Paula (@Olive & Paula) and Bandit (@Bandit's Mom) Mr. Kitty and Melissa (@FrostD) and @Margaret (and Pearl) and Jade (@Jill & Jade) and Jodey's civvie Blue and Eddie (@Jodey&Eddie&Blue) and @Laura & Chanel and Christina (@Chrispooky12) and Adrienne and Molly (@Adrienne & Molly).

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Kyle & Simon (GA)

Kyle & Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I don’t think S Boulardii works for constipation - and it might interfere with the miralax since it is very good for diarrhea. Have you tried visbiome? It is an excellent broad spectrum pre and probiotic and does not counteract the effects of miralax. Sorry about Furballs infection! I hope she feels better soon :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Kyle & Simon (GA) likes this.
  5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Ti-Mousse is having GI problems so I'm planning questions on S.Boulardii Monday. (dosing, diarrhea and/or constipation, interaction with Miralax etc...)
    Vet is prescribing Fortiflora but I'm not convinced it's the best.... If something is interesting I'll let you know. Hope little Furball feels better.