? 12/07 Kitten AMPS/351 +4/454 PMPS/382

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Dec 7, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Last post.
    I’m very disappointed by Kitten’s BG. I’m wondering if the AT2 was not accurate which brought me these reductions. I’m tempted to bump her back up to 2.5 units when all this started.

Yesterday 12/05 numbers AMPS/346 +9/284 PMPS/203 +5/241 +7/279

2. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hi elisa,
    i don't giving dosing advice. but according to tr, it would not be typical to go up by 0.5u from 2u.
    if you want to ask the board, maybe put up the "?" prefix.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  3. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thanks. Yea my reasoning was behind the note in TR that says “If an attempted reduction fails, go right back up to the last good dose as soon as you see kitty's numbers trending upwards. You don't have to hold the reduced dose for a certain number of cycles before taking the dose right back up.”

however I am not completely following that since she has gone upwards and I am only thinking of action now. I’ll add the ? To my title. Kitten has clearly had a failed reduction (since there was 3 right in a row)

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  4. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

yeah, that part of the guidance always confuses me a bit. i'll definitely be watching the thread to see what others say.
    good luck.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

there were 3 back-to-back reductions and a skip. back-to-back reductions often fail except in situations where the kitty's pancreas spurt to life and the kitty is determined to race down the dosing ladder.
    however, i can't think of the reason for the particularly bad numbers in the last 3 days. is she ok except for the numbers?

depending on how she does today and tonight, i would go up to 2.25 tomorrow AM. maybe that will turn out to be her last good dose!

@tiffmaxee , what do you think?

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I will look now. Be right back.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you don’t see better numbers tonight go back up to 2.25 tomorrow morning. As Bhooma wondered I too wonder if anything else is bothering her. Teeth, UTI, etc. if she’s eating and acting fine I would just watch and increase. She just might be acting like a cat, unpredictable.

KittenTheCat and Bandit's Mom like this.
  8. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thanks for the input :bighug: She’s acting fine so unless she heads down tonight I’ll increase to 2.25 tomorrow as I’m guessing she just had the failed reductions.
    I’ve checked her teeth, they look good. BM/urine normal. I noticed today she drank some water which she rarely does, but I attribute it to her high BG.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

You increased Kitten's dose to 2u from 1.75u five cycles ago, so "failed reduction" does not apply to this situation, because you hadn't reduced recently. That's how I interpret it. I'm still learning too, though so I could be wrong.:)

Patience.:bighug: That's what I keep saying to myself with Butters' ugly numbers. Hang in there.

10. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Yea that’s a good way to put it. If I had reacted right at the onset of the high BG I could have gone back to 2.5 units but I’ll just follow the TR steps for the next increase :rolleyes:

Patience during a prolonged bounce?! Is there such a thing?!? :joyful:

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Your last move was an increase from 1.75u to 2u. Once you've increased the dose, if it isn't bringing kitten down then you basically have to stick to the TR guidance on increasing at that point, which is based on nadir. I think the ship sailed on the possibility of having a failed reduction from the 2.5u as soon as you went down to 2u.

When you were taking those three back-to-back increases from 11/23 - 11/25, I believe you weren't posting at the time but if you had posted you'd probably have been given advice not to take three decreases in three days, and just keep a close eye on kitten's numbers. Because it can take days (I forget exactly how many, at least three in some cases I think) for the depot to drain. So Kitten's drops on the subsequent days 11/24 and 11/25 may have just been due to a full depot (from the 2.5u dose) still being in play, not from 2.25u being too high of a dose.

That said, I would not not reduce unless I consulted on the board first.

I've done the exact same thing btw, back-to-back-to-back decreases (one of those was due to switching to calipers for dosing), with the same result of high numbers and then I had to go higher and higher up the dosing ladder to get Butters into good numbers again. That was in August. :facepalm:

If you find patience, do let me know. I could use some over here.;)