? 12/08/20 Ruddy amps 10.1 wanting to try TR method

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colleen & Pantera, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Hi I am wanting advise on TR method and if I have enough data to start Ruddy on this. I am wanting to try and get his levels lower as my son will be taking him when they move out in about 6wks.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Have you read the stickies about the different dosing methods?
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

Not sure, but are you asking in hopes that your son will also be able to follow the TR dosing method?

Basically it's no dry food at all; testing a bit more frequently; and you can increase the dose every 6 cycles/3 days if you don't have good numbers at any time during those cycles.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Thank you I'll try that. He hasn't had dry food apart from ziwi peak and feline naturals which are both air dried and 99% meat and organs. I test 4 times a day but still not sure whete his Nadir is. It changes‍♀️ pretty sure it's between 7-9hrs though. I am trying to see if I can get him into the greens and blues so he is more regular if not remission. Thanks again

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes you can swap over to TR. It means you will need to get at least one test in every cycle but better if you can test more often .
    You will be able to increase the dose every 6 cycles if warranted. I would suggest you start posting every day to get advice and suggestions for at least a while.
    You are also better at this stage going up and down in 1/4 unit increments not fattening the dose. That is for when you are really close to the best dose and just need to add a tiny bit more or less.
    You will decrease the dose if he drops under 50