12/1 Marley Lantus AMPS 348, +2 306, PMPS 279, + 2 176, +3 83, +4 46 +4.3 39, +4.5 66, +5 59, +55 57

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jdubs, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Since he is starting higher and bouncing from last night, you could do a test later in the cycle.

3. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Thank you. So on a day like today - I couldnt just head out to work and return to do the PMPS test?

4. Bandit's Mom

No. You want to get at least 1 mid-cycle test when following TR. I thought you were asking whether you could skip the +2 and get a test later.

5. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Yes that is good to know, that in a situation I could go to work early as long as I could come back for an e.g. +5

I am just feeling into any and all possibilities so that I can work put how to build a functional life around keeping Marley well. Time is running out ( read finances) in and I just am not seeing how I can commit to a job with definite hours, if I can only do it on a day by day basis.

I thought in the fulll time job, the person takes a plus 1 and then returns for PMPS?

I will have to reread that.

Really not sure what to do.........

6. Bandit's Mom

Yes, that sticky does say that but a +1 is rarely an indicator of how the cycle will play out. Do you have the option to change your shot time so that you can get a +1.5 or +2 before you leave for work? Some people leave after the shot but are able to come back for a test between +4 and +6.

There is only so long you can keep your career on hold. So you should figure out your job and we will do what we can about Marley around that. Maybe keep him at a dose where he sees higher green nadirs so that he is safe.

7. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thoughts.

At the moment I can do what I like, (to a certain extent) .......but that is because I can do flexible hours.

The thing is, its not sustaining me this job. And I need to change that. But I am not even sure what my limitations are and are not, I dont really understand what hours I can commit to that will keep Marley safe, even now with my flexible hours, how to plan best to I can get in th most hours of work and give him th best chance of getting well regulated.

So I am finding it hard to know what would be even be best.

Right now I feel more confused than ever. I think I need to have a think about it tomorrow with a fresh brain.

I keep hoping just around the corner is better regulation and then I can see what will work for him.....but that time hasn't come yet!

8. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Haing sid that.....

So I need to plan a job around being able to def get a +2 before I go.

Which will inform when I need to get the next test.

(I think I can only get this int my brain point by point)

Second

now because at +2 it hasn't dropped by more than 75 points - does that mean I don't need to worry about a later one in the cycle? ( ideally on a day I was home it would be good to? But not necessary today?)

9. Bandit's Mom

Yes. It looks like he will bounce this cycle, so no more tests needed.

Jdubs likes this.
  10. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Thank you

11. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I have to leave at +2 and I wont be back til +5

If at +2 he seems in danger my Mum can come over ad give him a bit of food every 30 mins, but she doesnt know how to test him.

12. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

I couldnt put all the timings on the spreadsheet. He went down to 39

13. Bandit's Mom

A drop below 40 is a reduction. So you go to to 2.25U tomorrow (Friday). Congrats!
    If you will give me all the readings, I will update the SS for you.

14. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

For some reason I had it in my head it was a reduction under 50.

My goodness, I find this so hard. I cant seem to get much of it right.

Thank you so much re the SS

PMPS 279, + 2 176, +3 83, +4 46 +4.3 39, +4.5 66, +5 59, +5.5 57

So finally my HC food had arrived but it didnt really do much in terms of Marley.

I'll have to re look at the numbers on the tin, make sure the info on the tin is the same as the website.

All that helped last night was the lactose free dairy yoghurt last night, and that wasn't as strong as usual. He stayed hovering low.

I would have liked him to be a bit higher by the time I went to bed at +6.25 and left him with the HC and yoghurt by him, but he didnt want more, he didnt want more tests and he looked well and was curled up next to me on the bed, he seemed stable enough and I couldn't really take anymore, and hadn't done the prop I needed to as I haven't had a moment on th last couple of days for this mornings class I'm giving......