? 12/11-Dolly-AMPS 198 -76@+3.25 -PMPS 102-70@+1.25 -58@+1.75 -53@+2.25-68 @+2.75 -58@+4 -88@+5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Dec 11, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

She’s looking so good!:D

3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Just gave her the mc @+2. Do I need to give her any more since she dropped to 76 @+3.25? I know I should have this down by now and I do have my notes but they are not helping, I need to clean them up, if I ever find the time, so they are clear. :confused:

4. tiffmaxee

She’s flat. I’d give a little lc.

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. She always has that available. She was so off last night. Sometimes I feel we lose our kitty, mom relationship, she gets over all the testing and although she is wonderful about testing I still believe she is angry with me. Does this sound crazy? Is crazy taking her litter box out to the garage because it’s new litter and she was sneezing like crazy. I got her other litter box and put her old litter in it, all at 11:30 pm when I know I need sleep. We use 100% dust free and its been far from it lately. One more problem I need to address. Time management is not my strong suit lately.

6. tiffmaxee

Let her graze. I think we project that they don’t like the tests but I don’t think they do. I feared that with Max but he always waited patiently and expected his treat. Which litter do you use?

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Any of the Arm & Hammer 100% dust free but it hasn’t been dust free lately. It’s expensive. I need dust free for Dolly’s sinus problems. I need to contact the mfg. usually clump and Seal or slide. I just got the Platinum one, most expensive, but I noticed it has a perfume smell, don’t want any fragrance, that’s what I took out last night. They have all had dust.

8. tiffmaxee

I use Dr. Elsey’s fragrance free. Some dust but not a lot.

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I will look into it. Have an appt here. Dolly is not eating. I will check her soon. Thank you so much.

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

95@+5 is high for her.:(

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Her numbers are beautiful - 112@+10, hope it's the beginning of getting regulated. :joyful: I hope she continues to her PMPS and stays with beautiful numbers, I will still be joyful even if it's not perfect :). I know, no guarantees, Dolly is unpredictable, she needs lower numbers, but it's a good day and I am so grateful to Elise and Bhooma for being there for us.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I gave her some hc 21% tuna & cheddar in gravy because of the quick drop (@+1.25). Don’t know for sure that this was right but she wasn’t eating dinner. I have 3 bowls of different food and she would not eat anything. She ate a few bites of the hc.

Went down to 58. Gave her more bites 21%@+1.75.
    Went down to 53 @+2.25 gave her some 12% chicken feast in gravy, it just seemed to be the right thing to do. ?? Went up to 68@+2.75

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  13. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She's probably signaling a reduction. But you'll have to wait for 3 drops between 40 and 50 on different days (or 1 drop below 40) to take one since she's a long term diabetic. She's given you 1 drop thus far. Maybe today will be drop 2!

14. Bandit's Mom

68 @ +2.75? Hold off on HC/MC food and see if she stays up. I'll be curious to see if this turns out to be one of those late nadir cycles or she starts heading up after +5.

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Was the 12% the right decision? I know the results were what I wanted but should I have done it differently :rolleyes: I have just the lc out but she won't eat it. When should I check her again? May need to set alarms tonight, hardly slept last night. Poor kitty, her ear is red and sore, she's a one ear only kitty. I think she hates me. :stop::mad:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  16. Bandit's Mom

If she was not eating LC, then you had no choice. Let's see whether the 68 is a food bump and she comes back down. If not, next time you give a little less MC. It's all trial and error. And they can behave differently when headed for a reduction. So don't worry about it so much! They want to keep us guessing! :)

17. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

58@+4 - gave her couple bites of 21%.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Bandit's Mom

You want to use HC/MC earlier in the cycle. Later in the cycle/closer to her nadir, I would try MC first. Even LC if she is above 50.
    (Once I give Bandit the HC she LOVES, I have difficulty getting her to eat LC to keep her surfing! :rolleyes:)

19. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I know better and made the wrong choice mainly because I knew she would eat it. She ate some lc a bit ago but not now. I will do the mc if necessary tonight, no more hc. She went to bed with my husband, tired of waiting for me. I will post her +5 in 45 minutes. I will get better at not panic feeding her :arghh:

20. Bandit's Mom

I'm sure you will. All of us here were guilty of panic-feeding at some point! :bighug:

21. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She's at 88 at almost +5

22. Bandit's Mom

Nighty night! :)

23. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day. :bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.