? 12/11 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS=138, +6=93, PMPS=126, +3=106, +5=90, +7=93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope you get a blue/green surf today.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Gideon did manage to get in the high GREENs a bit today. I didn't test as often as normal, and I think he appreciated that.

4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

I think I really need to use calipers to measure Gideon Blue's insulin. I have a 6" caliper that I bought at Harbor Freight when Gideon was first diagnosed. I have never opened the box. I am suing BD 3/10ml syringes. Does anyone know what the measurement should be for 0.25 units? The syringe lines are all different and many are crooked.

Well, I think it is .405 I looked in the files and it looks like 1 unit on this syringe is 1.62. Is this correct?

Off to work soon. I might have to reply tomorrow.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was lost without calipers. The markings on the syringes can be off by as much as 1/4.

6. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I found the BD syringes to be quite inconsistent as to where the zero line was placed. For a while, it was so bad I was measuring Neko's dose with calipers to be under the zero line. Meaning, there was at least 1/3 of a unit under the line. :rolleyes: For measuring, you can used the 1.62 that is in the Dosing with Calipers video, or try measuring it on your own and see what it comes out to. First find a few syringes with good markings. I then measured 10 units, took the average among the few syringes, and divided by 10 to get my 1.0 unit measurement. And it honestly doesn't matter if you use 1.5 or 1.7 instead of 1.62. The idea is that your 1 unit will now be consistent going forward. I started with 1.6 mm, mostly because the math for 1/2 and 1/4 units was easier, but eventually changed to 1.5 units. It made a difference in higher doses that Neko was occasionally on.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Even the best of them, the terumo ones no longer made, had crooked lines. That’s why I used calipers.