12/11 Tibbs amps 378 +6 464 s-i-g-h ketones negative

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tibbs5, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

well, ive tried 1.0 fat for 10 cycles. i'm going to increase by another drop. this is just so frustrating. I probably shouldn't have reduced when i was at 1.25 and he was doing so well. I just do not understand what is going on inside this little boy's body. His 5 p's are great. no more drinking alot or peeing alot. He plays...acts great. ketones negative. He even gained a pound back but you would never know any of this by his blood sugar. I have to get a real curve on him. I will be able to get a mid cycle on this pm cycle today so we'll see what that says.
    hope everyone else is ok.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Re: 12/11 Tibbs amps 378 +6 464 s-i-g-h ketones negativ

I wonder if he has a duration issue.

Can you manage to snag a +10 or +11 any time? If that is when it starts popping up, there a couple of finagles that may be tried - ex TID dosing, or use of a small dose of short acting insulin when he starts to climb.

3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi Nadine

Sorry to see Tibbs is higher again. He had been doing great. I know you will get him back on track though.

4. Christianna

Christianna Member

The fact that his 5Ps are great and he seems to feel really good, combined with peeing less and drinking less, plus weight gain--all are really positive signs. As a very wise forum member told me when I was agonizing about this same dilemma: "Your cat is more than numbers." (Thank you, BJM, by the way :smile: ) Tibbs has had quite a few blues in the past few weeks so maybe his pancreas is "spluttery" and kicking in once in a while. Fingers and paws crossed for more blues, and soon!

Hugs,
    Christi

5. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

thanks BJM & Sarah & Christi.
    i will try to get a +10 and i hope he starts coming down again. i'm going to do a tiny increase. here's hoping. also my insulin in going on 5 months. i got a new bottle so i'm going to start the new one. since the potency will be higher, should i keep the 1.0 fat to see if the stronger insulin will work? i probably should only change 1 thing at a time. so new insulin and hold the dose. what do you all think? thanks everyone.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Absolutely change only 1 thing at a time. If it is the insulin, you could see an impact right away, so watch those nadirs when you can.

And speaking of more than a number, check my signature link Secondary Monitoring Tools. You've identified a number of positive changes and there may be a few you want to track more frequently.

7. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

ok. thanks BJM. i will read your secondary list and i won't change the dose yet as it may be possible that the insulin is losing potency. thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.