12/12 OT Kitty dental Friday. Input pls?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Kitty is overdue for dental. We had bloodwork done today, and the dental has been scheduled for Friday.

Kitty has FORL. We're worked with this vet before, and I know he'll be use good judgment.

He asked me to make a list of things we want special attention given to, something that can be stapled to the intake form when I bring him in. I would love to get some expert LL eyes on this list, to be sure I have everything.

My one big question is about the IV. My memory is that I should be sure an IV is prepared at the start, right?

Here's the list:
    Thanks, everyone. I'm getting an early start on being nervous. I'll buy some baby food (is it Beechnut Stage 2?). Kitty also loves A/D, so he might just get a little taste of that.

He isn't on the juice now :D , so I'm not planning to test when I get him home.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Looks like you got a good list going there.

The Beech Nut I have is Stage 1 Beef and Beef Broth.
    That's great that your vet asked you for this list that you want stapled to his intake form. I had to beg my vet for no metacam and he gave it anyway :roll: It sounds like you have a more pro-client vet.

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Sienne, I love that list from your vet. I will ask our doc to get the IV ready. THis brings up the old conversation about fluids: do you give them automatically, or as needed? When I last asked, the answer was as-needed, but I think the idea is to have the IV in. Yes? No?

Dyana, I agree. I think I'm perceived as a little wacky, but he's definitely responsive to my interest. When I ask for things to be a certain way, he always asks my reasons, and listens. And when I first asked about Metacam...they already didn't use it! :) Good answer.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yes -- you want the IV line in. That way, if anything needs to be done emergently, it's there. If it's not emergent, it's still there and you don't have to wait for someone to futz around getting a line in during a procedure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.