12/12 - Pax AMPS 114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pax's Mom, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-5-pax-pmps-90.222565/

I diffidently do not get the BOS today. He was at 114 and because I can't wait to shoot and will not be around to monitor I dropped his dose. I hope that was better than skipping. If I should have done something different, please let me know so I will know in the future.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Do you have an auto feeder that you could use during the day while you're away?

I don't want to second guess your decision this morning - just wondering if that's available to help keep his numbers up while you're away.

3. Pax's Mom

Pax's Mom Member

That is a good question. Yes, He gets fed 4 times a day with an auto feeder. He gets 4 3oz cans of FF Gourmet Naturals White Meat Chicken Recipe Pate every day 6AM, 11AM, 4PM, and 9PM. I used to have it every 6 hours but he tends to sleep with me through the night and didn't always eat his evening food. He is a 20lb cat that should be about 16-17lbs.

Today I did leave out an extra bowl with a half can off food in case he ate everything in the feeder before it rotated so he had extra food if he needed.

PMPS was 378 and the SS has been updated.

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s fine you shot a reduced dose. Just important to note that, quite often, the depot will cause the cycle to play out as it would have with a full dose. Often, the effects are seen until late in the cycle.

He will get back on track and if it made you feel easier leaving him, that’s all fine. It’s a good suggestion by Sue to set the auto feeder up and you can leave higher carb food in it, if needed.