12/14 Mallie: bg is below do not shoot level this morning?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mom23seniors, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom23seniors

mom23seniors Member

Good morning everyone!
    So I got a surprise this morning when I tested Mallie before her breakfast.

Her blood glucose was 7.8 (and then 20 minutes later when I retested it was 7.5) so I did not know what to do.

I gave her breakfast about 30 minutes ago but I have not given her any insulin.
    should I?

But now my 12 hour dosing schedule is off. It’s been 13 hours.

My vet didn’t talk anything about what to do if I were to get low numbers. He only said “1 unit twice a day and then in 7 days do a 12 hour curve”

Maybe the 1 unit to start was too much? She’s been on FF for the last two weeks.

I’m only going to be at home for the next 3.5 hours then I’ll be out for the afternoon.

2. mom23seniors

mom23seniors Member

I just retested her and I got 8.7.

I’m looking at how to set up the spreadsheet on my iPad at the same time....

3. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I'm sorry nobody has got to you sooner.
    I see that you gave a reduced shot. That 8.7 was most likely from the food you gave her. Can you get a test in to see what she is at now?

On your spreadsheet, can you do just one line for each day, and when you do multiple tests within a 1 hr timeframe, you put something like 8.7@+0.5, 9.3@+1 or however it was. For your preshot, put 7.8, stall, 7.5 or something similar, and make sure to put notes into the comments about how delayes the shot was, when you fed, etc. when you put in non-numbers into the world sheet, you'll need to do the conversion manually for americans and paste it into the US sheet.

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

If you'd like to see what I mean for formatting, take a peek at my 2018 spreadsheet for Rhubarb. She kept me on my toes!
    Good job on your edits so far- it's more clear than it was :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.