12/15 Twice PMPS 58 +2 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim & Twice, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning LL :coffee: :coffee: Thanks for the visits last night Amy, Cheryl and Liz! :D
    Twice started his day off by rearranging the bedroom closet and getting rid of some non essentials...like my clothes! I have no idea what he was thinking, but he pulled as much off the shelves as he could and drug some of it to the other end of the room??? Then curled up on a pile of sweaters that he left IN the closet and went to sleep :roll: He stayed there until pokey pokey time, then heard me sing the song and came chirping out and jumped up onto his test area. Still blows my mind how our cats so quickly don't just tolerate, but almost encourage their testing!
    He has eaten his first breffis, and will soon be getting his 2nd can. Wendy stopped by last night and suggested I could give him a higher fat food to help him put some weight on. Wellness is not one of the brands he will willingly eat (never tried garnishments yet tho), so I will be doing some homework today to see what other higher fat foods I can find.

OT: So, after the tough move of turfing the strays back out yesterday...DH came home and let them all back in :roll: :lol: It was nice out and they should have stayed out there, but he insists they were cold :roll: (They know how to play him I think). So the house is officially destroyed again...AND so far we are not getting the nice weather we were promised today, so I guess the wee critters would have found their way back in one way or another! :lol: Yesterday was a nice little break though and it felt good to have a clean house for a few hours. Today; the tree top angel is on the floor, the train is derailed and there is a walnut on the tracks (which is what caused the derailment according to DH and not the kittens), my roses are half eaten, have seen at least 6 tree ornaments in various parts of the house, the kitchen towel is IN the lb, and.....yup, you guessed it! Noone's talking! :YMSIGH: :lol:

Have a great day everyone! Sending healing and health vines to all in need.

2. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/15 Twice AMPS 72

Oh Kim, I love your condos :lol: :lol: Kudos to DH for being such a caring and tolerant guy~
    Maybe Twice has decided that you need a new look, and is helping you choose your wardrobe :D

If you look at Dr. Lisa's food list at catinfo.org, she does list the fat for all the foods. That may be able to help you.

Enjoy your Sunday!

3. Kim & Twice

Thanks Jane :D

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim.....sounds like fun at your house. Enjoy putting your closet back together. :lol:

Hi, I don't think I've ever introduced myself....I just kind of barge in. :lol:

Barb, mom of Checkers, recently moved to the Bridge, :smile:

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Kim :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

GORGEOUS amps for you today Twice. I love all that green! I can sympathize on the closet rearranging. Lola does that to me too, all the time. Knocks all my sweaters done on the floor, just cuz she can. Pulls out all my undies onto the floor, just cuz she can. and she loves the towels racks/shelving in the bathroom. She will pull down what is in her way and then climb up there to sleep. what a cat! She and Twice could tell war stories. :lol: :lol:

I will smile at the thought of Twice being ready for his testing. Mannie did that too. he'd hear me get things ready and in he'd come, climb up on my lap and purr throughout the whole process. It was my fav part of the sugar dance. He knew it was my efforts to help him. He'd even come and get me to check him when he dropped low. Fun times huh. Good luck with the fuds search... I have no clue. Mannie was for the most part, a Wellness cat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: on the strays. You have been adopted. :D Good luck with it all. I suspect they are all grateful for a warm house. Kudos to you both for letting them in.

Have a great day today. I hope all goes well. :cool:

6. Kim & Twice

Very nice to officially meet you Barb! I am truly sorry about Checkers, I have also recently lost a young kitty to kidney failure. She was only 10yo, and was the kind of kitty that was a little frail princess. In the past she had another issue and needed subQ, which she took well enough(for her), but this time she was so weak. So sad and unhappy and wouldn't eat. She wasn't in end stage, but I made the decision to let her go because with her I felt she would not enjoy more time if it was filled with tx's. (I had another kitty years ago with the same rotten ailment, and she was the kind of kitty who didn't mind the tx's and did have more time to enjoy the pleasures of life). So to this day I beat myself up for that decision, filled with self doubt. I know I did what I had to out of love, but that doesn't always help. I do find comfort in meeting others who have been through it. It's true what they say, you can't really connect with someone unless you know they 'get' you :smile: I'm so happy you stopped in!

Michelle- I think Lola and Twice in the same house would equal Michelle and Kim needing a BIG vacation! :lol: Yes, the strays are probably here to stay...but I'm holding strong that they are to be 'outside' strays! We already have an 'indoor' stray (Rubber)! :lol: :lol:

7. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! I've done like Barb and just written on a condo without introduction :oops: I hope I will be forgiven :D Sounds like a busy household still! I'm sure DH is well meaning :lol: Sounds like he is a softie :eek: I hope it settles down for you a bit so you can feel relaxed at some point ;-)

Great numbers for Twice today, again :mrgreen: Do you have trouble finding a lot of the brands of foods on the lists in local stores like I did? I found a great few places to order online in Canada that sells individual cans (and reasonable shipping). Let me know if you'd like the info :D Hope Twice and you, and the entire household has a great day!!!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Kim,
    Another nice day shaping up for Twice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: How nice that he selects the sweaters he wants for his bed! Those "strays" are sure lucky to have such a great home :lol:

Enjoy the day,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: on Twice rearranging your clothes. I guess he had to make it his space before he could go to sleep.

How nice of your DH to let the strays back in. Of course it was the walnut that derailed the train. :lol:

Good luck finding some food with fat in it to help Twice gain some weight.

10. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! Nice of Twice to help with cleaning out your closets ;-) Now that he's feeling so good I guess he figured he'd better earn his keep with some housework! Papaya once nearly gave a roommate a heart attack one time by getting one of those ribbons on a dress that keep it on the hanger stuck around her neck . . . roommate didn't even know the cat was there, just opened a closet door and her dress flew out at high speed :lol: I'm sure you have no end of surprises like that with all the critters wreaking havoc in your place right now . . . oh well, the more the merrier, right? Have a great day - tomorrow's supposed to be much warmer for us, hopefully for you too!

11. Kim & Twice

Rachel-Any info you have for ordering online would be greatly appreciated. I have had very little success finding most of the foods on the list. The problem being partly that our biggest town around here only has one pet store and they are just too small to carry a huge selection. They do try to carry a couple different brands, but usually only a couple of the flavors. Getting to Regina is a once in a blue moon event, and with 8 cats on wet diet now, I need to get to the store at least every couple weeks :eek:

Ella- Yes...he is very independent and helpful :roll: :lol:

Carla- DH thanks you for taking his side :lol:

Amy- :lol: Ghost dress! :lol: And yeah...the more the merrier :roll: :lol: I don't even put the vacuum away anymore! LOL. I hope you're right about the weather. We were supposed to have -2C today...nope, -12C feels like -20C with 44km/h gusts. If tomorrow is accurate -3C feels like -10C. OH PLEASE! I could use a heat wave like that right about now!

12. Kim & Twice

Re: 12/15 Twice PMPS 58

Twice had a wonderful day today! He got out of his room and went visiting all his sibs, then convinced most of them to come upstairs and hang out. He ran up and down the stairs all day, so excited and full of energy. He even attacked his bff (who is very timid and was NOT thrilled by this new Twice) :lol: They made up quick and are now sharing a big plate of Twice's dinner :D They all took turns helping me wrap presents and finish the decorations. What a wonderfully normal day!

OT-Mama stray and her eldest went outside this morning. The two kittens were left here, so I put them in the laundry room with their Uncle Rubber. He has never really spent much time with the little ones, as he became 'owned' before they were born. Well, everytime I went into the laundry room, they were all snuggled together and usually Rubber was grooming one of them :smile: The family dynamic is so strong with these cats. Mama and the eldest son both raise the little ones with the same amount of love and attention. In fact, usually mama has one and Weasel has the other one. This I expect because they live so tightly and survival, etc. But Rubber?? He's such a big jerk cat usually with other cats. DH said it's because he wants us to see he's lonely :roll: Now I KNOW he's messing with me :lol:

Have a good night all!

13. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,
    Twice is looking great as usual!
    I am so glad he doing so well and full of energy!

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Boy am I in awe of Twice's numbers and look at you shooting that 58!! I am so proud!!! Look how great he is doing.

I had to laugh at his antics in your closet and the destruction being wreaked by the wild ones. You must laugh all day ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see a nice surf, Twice. Unless he earns a reduction tonight, if he stays green all day tomorrow....it will be time for a reduction which means.....you know what!!! I'm not sayin' nuttin' but you get the vibes!

15. Kim & Twice

Thanks for the visits Mariko and Marje!
    I am absolutely amazed that I am the same bean that was terrified to shoot a high blue number not so long ago. And heaven help me if I had a green ps :roll: :?
    :lol: I got all 'puffed up' when you said you're proud Marje. And yes, if by laughing, you mean rolling my eyes and muttering under my breath..I absolutely DO laugh all day :lol: :lol:

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

That's something when you impress the Borg Queen! :lol: :lol: We get food autoshipped, a certain amount every month. It's made things much easier for us. Except when Anne got ahead of herself and we had about 10 cases. :shock:
    Liz

17. Kim & Twice

Autoshipped? I never tried that!

18. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's available in CA but I think amazon and petfooddirect will autoship.
    Liz

19. Mocha'sMom

Mocha'sMom Member

I think I would have taken pity on the strays too :roll: The family dynamic of cats is always so much fun to watch. Rubber sounds so sweet, too cute with the kittens :smile:

20. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Twice is on a roll! Who cares if he rearranges the closet when he is obviously feeling so great! Paws crossed for the unspoken next step!

21. Kim & Twice

Thanks Liz! I will look into that :D
    Cheryl-Strangely he IS sweet with the kittens, but no other kitties :roll: :lol:
    Ann-So true! I can't get upset with him when I'm so busy being thrilled he feels good :D Thanks for the crossed paws ;-)

22. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Twice looks fantastic tonight! Good job, Kim!!! Love to hear how energetic he is!!! And your description of the tornadoes that ripped through your house... (a.k.a. the strays!) = TOO CUTE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.