12/16 OT Kitty dental POSTPONED to Monday

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58721

Can I just use smileys instead of words for this convoluted tale?
    ohmygod_smile cat(2)_steam @-) nailbite_smile :oops: :shock: :cry: bcatrun_gif grumpy_cat :dizcat

...and that's the story, which at its center is about me trying to overcontrol the situation, not wanting Kitty to be hungry and in a cage too long, and ending up with him scheduled so late in the day he would have sat there miserable more hours than we could tolerate.

We have the first appointment Monday. DH will take Kitty to the vet, because DH is strong, and I am a simpering, whimpering pot of mushy vines. :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Kathy,

1st appointment of the day is great. Whatever convoluted path you followed to get there, good job. You evidently got too many good dental vines. Clear away those old mushy ones. I'll hold the ones I'm send until early Monday. They will be all fresh ;-)

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Monday it is! Kitty will do fine and you will survive too. :smile: We totally understand your nervousness, having just taken Zener for a dental. He's doing fine and well on the road to a complete recovery and better than before. Kitty will too.
    Liz

4. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

No worries for the whole weekend! That's something to smile about, so you and Kitty enjoy it.

5. Kathy and Kitty

I'm a mushy mess WITH all you wonderful people for support. Without you, I think I would be some kind of primordial ooze right now.

HOW COULD I BE SUCH AN IDIOT NOT TO KNOW THAT FIRST APPT OF THE DAY WAS THE ONE TO GRAB??? ohmygod_smile cat(2)_steam ohmygod_smile cat(2)_steam

Why don't we have a kick-yourself-in-the-pants smiley??? grumpy_cat grumpy_cat

I didn't realize that they would put Kitty last, actually. I was just trying not to have him sit in a cage surrounded by dogs for any longer than necessary. A little too smart for my own good.

THANKS for the encouragement.

I feel like an idiot ohmygod_smile , but you all make me smile. :D

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You do realize that it would have been far more complicated if Kitty were still on the juice, don't you?

7. Kathy and Kitty

Maybe that's why I've been such a #@($*&) idiot. The last time he had a dental, he WAS on the juice, and the idea of leaving him without food made me nuts. Maybe it's carryover.

The smarter hypothesis here would be that I am a frickin' idiot and have finally gone over the edge.

8. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

My goodness, Kathy! Aren't there enough people in this world to call you names without you having to do it yourself?

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You di a great job & took the STRESS angry(2)_cat out of the situation!! Good Job you'll feel better after!
    Hugs & Kudos from us!

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Kathy))) Well...I couldn't find a "kick yourself in the pants" smiley, but I found this one:

[​IMG]

Seriously.....we all do stuff like this and it can wait until Monday. You'll all be happier!!!

ETA: ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile on the link

11. Kathy and Kitty

Guess I overreacted a teensy bit!

It's probably better to wait until Monday if only so that I can get myself in better coping mode by then.

What's that Anne & Liz said about adult beverages??

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

How's this [​IMG] ?

Really, Kitty will have the first appointment on Monday and will be home earlier, and you will be more prepared. All is well.

13. Kathy and Kitty

Marjorie, love it - it didn't come through for me on your original post.

Dyana - gotta admit it, that is how I have felt all day. Guess all my other stressors came to a "head." Head banging, that is!

I have to know. Where did you find those expressive little guys?!? Perfect for when I am beyond words. :mrgreen:

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

15. Kathy and Kitty

Me today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, yes, smileys are good.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I steal. ,,, a lot.
    When I see a smiley or picture I like, I copy and paste it into a draft I keep in Yahoo.com email. Now you know :oops:

17. Kathy and Kitty

It's not stealing if they're free! [​IMG] I'm addicted now.

And I feel BETTER!

18. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Very clever, Dyana! :smile:
    Liz

19. Kathy and Kitty

BY THE WAY..... It's not JUST that I'm a little nuts lately. Kitty's mouth is kind of complicated.

He has both advanced FORL and a lytic area that makes him susceptible to jaw fracture. I just got paralyzed by seeing this basically healthy fluffster, and fearing the bad things a dental tune-up could lead to.

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

This condo has gone crazy! I'll wait 'till Monday to say whatever else there is to say!

TGIF!!

Ella

21. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

i found a "Kick Pic" that I think fits you perfectly, Kathy... :D

[​IMG]

22. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to this. My senior civvie, Mario, needs a dental - I know he does. But I am soooo grappling with the thought of messing with him. He's happy, eating well (but can be finicky), playful. But, he's also 16.5, has high BP, HyperT, some kidney and liver issues. I'm so afraid of what the stress of a dental, and being at the vet all day (he HATES the vet), will do to him. So I understand how you feel - completely. Kitty will be fine - I'm sure of it! I've got you guys in my thoughts.

Surprisngly, Bruce has not written any songs about kitty dentals, but I thought this was pretty appropriate...you're Kitty's Lucky Day, and vice versa!

My Lucky Day

23. Kathy and Kitty

Every one of you who encouraged me...thanks. I needed that. I will hold it all over through Monday. I had a severe case of failure of nerve.

BTW, Celi, you so flatter me. I guarantee THAT shirt wouldn't fit ME! :lol:

I know Kitty NEEDS the dental, because his gums are red. He needs the xrays to track the progress of the FORL.

Does Mario NEED it? Could we maybe get him a kitty toothbrush for Christmas instead? :smile: Seriously, there are some rinses and little finger brushes.

ANY day with Bruce is a Lucky Day!

I appreciate you all so much.

24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((((kathy)))))) sounds like you've had a rotten time of it! we always mess with ourselves more than anyone else could ever mess with us! monday morning first thing sounds just right! we'll be thinking of you both!

25. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Techinically yes, Mario needs the dental...the vet says his dental disease is pretty bad. However, given all that he's got going on (including needing an Echo before considering a dental - that made me take pause), I'm not sure the procedure is the best idea for him. He HATES the vet so much, and I'm afraid being in a cage all day in combination with a traumatic procedure will take my otherwise happy little old guy and send him into a downward spiral. It's just a gut instinct...or fear, not sure which. Trying to balance the QOL issues is tricky...

There is absolutely no reason for you to feel like an idiot - you just have Kitty's best interest in mind, and that's what we're SUPPOSED to do as caretakers! We're with you in thoughts and prayers on Monday!!!

26. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured it was something like that!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.