? 12/18 Billo AMPS 289, +6 282 - Question about switching to TR

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abdullah, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

yesterday

I had a feeling Billo would visit the beach last night since her +2 was significantly lower than her PMPS, but she started climbing her way back up. She's high and flat today, kind of expected after that 160 yesterday. I'll keep an eye on her.

I'm free now. I will look into TR in about an hour or so and familiarize myself with the method. Is there anything I should be mindful about when switching from SLGS to TR overnight, that may not be included in the thread about dosing methods?

Thank you for your input :)

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting through your exams:woot:.

For me, I'd probably be focused on when to take that first increase under TR? do you have to count at least six cycles from today? With TR, increases are every 6-10 cycles, depending on nadir. You had a nadir 160 yesterday. If Billo were my cat I'd ask for advice on when to increase.

I'd recommend trying to consistently get a test at +2 at every cycle. That will provide you with very good data as time goes on and you may start to see some patterns of when Billo might go lower.

And change dosing method in your signature to TR and at the top of your spreadsheet.

Abdullah and Bandit's Mom like this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Billo is not new to nadirs under 150. You have held 0.75U for 12 cycles now. If you are switching to TR, you can increase the dose to 1U tonight itself. Though you may want to take the increase tomorrow AM if you'd like to get some sleep tonight :)
    You would hold the dose 10 cycles if Billo drops below 100 on a dose, otherwise you increase by 0.25U every 6 cycles.

@tiffmaxee tagging you for confirmation.

Abdullah likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes, if you choose to follow TR, an increase is due. I think it’s a good move for you.

Abdullah and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thank you for the feedback guys!!

You guys are right, I would like to go for the increase because it has already been 12 cycles on .75u. I don't mind increasing tonight at PMPS, my sleep schedule is already accustomed to waking up at different intervals at night to check up on her lol. I'll increase to 1u at PMPS then, and then based on the next 6-10 cycles we can decide if another increase is needed

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

I feel comfortable switching over, I read the dosing methods thread earlier to make sure I thoroughly understand. I'll make sure to ask questions still!

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Abdullah likes this.