? 12/19 Billo AMPS 194, +2 158, +6 81, +7 90, +9 135, PMPS 311

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abdullah, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

yesterday

First cycle using TR went well in my opinion! A recap of the night:

+2 241
    +6 144
    +10 169

I'll be keeping an eye on Billo today, because she'll either drop or bounce after having low numbers like that. Billo was a little restless last night so maybe she'll take multiple naps throughout the day.

Have a good day everyone! :)

Bandit's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I like this amps too!

Abdullah likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase! Surf safely, Billo :cat:

4. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thanks guys! To clarify with TR, a reduction is in order only if the nadir drops below 40 correct, since Billo is a long term diabetic? And are token doses still given in appropriate circumstances with TR?

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

First off, way to go:woot:. Billo's first two cycles on TR look amazing:D:cool:!

From the TR Sticky on earning reductions:
    • If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25 unit. If kitty has a history of not holding reductions well or if reductions are close together... sneak the dose down by shaving the dose rather than reducing by a full quarter unit.
    • Alternatively, attempt a reduction when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a non-diabetic healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) while staying under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week.
    Billo is a long-term diabetic, being over a year since dx.

I think you'd have to look at the need for a token dose on a case-by-case basis. With TR, you want to shoot the full dose as long as the pre-shot number is 50 or above. Shoot low to stay low. Shooting a 50 is safe. Of course you need to monitor. We do not shoot a number below 50 though.

When you have time, read through this sticky:

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...y-to-shoot-handle-lower-pre-shot-numbers.147/

6. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thank youuu!! Started off on the right foot, hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Thank you for the clarification! I read that same bit but I wanted to be sure, in case I was wrong. I was looking at other spreadsheets and saw that same reduction being implemented when appropriate, but I thought to ask still. And that makes sense. I'll keep an eye out for the low pre shots. Thanks once again for clarifying, Lyla! :)

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Since Billo is a long term diabetic and following TR, reductions are earned when she either drops once below 40 or drops between 40 and 50 on three different days.

Long term diabetics - more than one year since diagnosis
    • reduction *earned* after a single drop below 40 mg/dL for those following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* after 3 drops between 40 - 50 mg/dL on three separate days for kitties who have shown they do not hold reductions well and following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) and stays under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week and following TR.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ng-reductions-and-starting-otj-trials.150160/

Abdullah likes this.