12/2/2022 Mimi PMPS 131, 155 (+20 minutes)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lena1, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Lena1

Lena1 Member

Previous post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ery-20-minutes-and-shoot.271232/#post-3019938

Hi everyone,

I skipped mimi's morning dose because her AMPS was at 126 and then dropped to 120, so I didn't think it was safe to shoot. Her PMPS was 131 and I have given a shot with her BG around this level before, but she has eaten a lot of food today (I gave her a tiny bit extra during the day since she seemed hungry) and has meowed next to her empty bowl for food in the first time for awhile tonight when I was going to check her BG. If her BG does not increase and instead stays flat or decreases in the next 20-30 minutes, is it okay to skip the shot twice in a day? Should I give a token dose? I'm not sure if she dropped low during the day since she was hungrier than normal. Thank you for your help!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Bandit's Mom

@Bron and Sheba (GA)

@Suzanne & Darcy

@Wendy&Neko

Lena1 likes this.
  3. Lena1

Lena1 Member

Her BG increased to 155 after about 25 minutes (which seems like a steep increase for her), so I decided to shoot and will monitor at 2 hours. Would still appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thank you!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lena I would update your title saying you stalled and shot 155
    Don't forget to fill in your SS with the units :cat:

Lena1 likes this.
  5. Lena1

Lena1 Member

Thank you for the reminder!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lena, you have shot these levels before. What is your schedule like? Is it possible for you to get a mid-cycle test in every cycle to see how low she is going on 0.5U?

7. Lena1

Lena1 Member

Hi Bhooma,
    I should be able to do the mid cycle test at 6 hours tomorrow during the day. Night cycles would be difficult for me since I already don't get a lot of sleep due to my work schedule.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You don't need to do a test only at +6. Tests anywhere between +2 and +8 will give you useful info. At night if you can get a test at +2, that is also good info.
    Are there days that you are home and can run a curve - that is tests every 2 hours?

9. Lena1

Lena1 Member

Oh okay, thank you! Yes, I am planning on doing a curve with tests every 2 hours tomorrow or the day after.

Bandit's Mom likes this.