12/2 Chewie AMPS 150/ +4 115/ +8 137/ PMPS 153/ +3 141

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Virginie & Chewie (GA), Dec 2, 2022.

1. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Virginie & Chewie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Happy Friday everyone :cool: :cat:

@Wendy&Neko hope we see greens today! If we don't she will be due for another increase or no?

2. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Nice start, Chewie! :cool:

3. Jackie and Biggie

Jackie and Biggie Well-Known Member

Surf safe and green today, Chewie! :D:bighug:

4. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Clinging to the blues... 115 at +4
    Gave her gabapentin this morning as she seemed uncomfortable, and she hasn't left her hidey hole all morning :(
    DBF and I keep having the same conversations about quality of life... some days she definitely seems to be more like her old self and enjoy life, but it's not every day, and not even most days at the moment.

She is only 2 weeks into cabergoline, so I know we need to put on our patience pants, but I worry constantly about the fine line between giving her a fighting chance and keeping her around for our own benefit instead of hers... it's been a tough year, I really hope cabergoline starts giving us better days. And when she goes back to the vet for her echo I'll ask them about solensia. Adequan just doesn't seem to be doing enough for her.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How often are you giving her gabapentin now? Often acros get to "need every day" for pain relief. Not just the arthritis but other aches from excess growth hormone. The hidely hole activity has me thinking that.

For dose, let's see what she does today. It's six cycles after the last greens, and I don't think you want her on a dose that takes her much below a 69. Especially with cabergoline in the story. Speaking of which, you still seeing signs of GI issues? At some point, every day cab may be something to consider.

6. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Right now she is getting it "as needed" - meaning when I can see she is not moving as easily as usual, or maybe is a bit grumpier. She does seem brighter and more active when she doesn't get it, so it's hard to know what to do. Maybe I should give it to her twice a day for a few days and see if she seems overall better? Right now she is snoozing in the sun on the lowest level of the cat tree.

I haven't seen any more loose stool issues over the past few days. How far into treatment would you consider switching to daily?

Jackie and Biggie likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm not sure. I haven't kept track of what other people have done. Most people start with every day too, so it's a smaller group starting EOD. Would your vet have an opinion on this?

8. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

She didn't even know about cabergoline, and actually asked me if the suggested dosing she had find in the published literature matched what people were doing on this forum, so I think the cutting edge is here :D
    Edited: Actually checked my post in the acro forum and Melissa said most people start at once every other day and do that for 6 weeks, then consider switching to daily.

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope you start to see some greens , You and Chewie have a good night Virginie :bighug::bighug::cat:

10. Virginie & Chewie (GA)

Flat in the blue all day!