12-2 Leo AMPS=213 +3.5=46 +4=56 +5.3=54 PMPS=86 +2=85 +3.75=70 5=93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by La-La Leo, Dec 2, 2022.

1. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I think I increased too soon based on this from TR: "when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing."

@Bandit's Mom
    [DH's second surgery worked & he's free of gear, as he referred to the catheter, as of 11/8. He had a Foley cath for almost six months! Poor guy. But all is great now. Just an FYI since I never said. So much was happening with our daughter's wedding and also my husband's enlarged prostate issues. Daughter moved out into their own home, though she still comes over for her 30 min lunch--we live that close.]
    Thank you for all your help.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Now that he’s a year diabetic I think it was fine to increase.

La-La Leo likes this.
  3. La-La Leo

Got my answer for the AM shot....
    +3.5=46
    Started insulin almost 10 months ago and still a roller coaster, of sorts. Some of it is Mom-error. :banghead:

So back to 1.5 for PM dose. I feel so stupid! I've been trying to get a urine sample for days now, with no luck. Found out today the vet office easily got last year's sample via sonogram & needle. No wonder! Leo escaped somewhere after the 2nd attempt (today) in a closed room. Vet suggests adding some of his regular litter in the corners, but haven't tried that yet as he was hiding. Shook Dr Elseys treats and he came around, so got late BG--which was 46!"

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. La-La Leo

+4=56

He bit & scratched over this BG! Thankful out of BG trouble. Still need the urine sample.

During Tuesday's vet appointment, vet detected a heart murmur that she didn't hear last year. Leo still needs a dental--which we've never done. The ProBNP would help knowing more about his heart condition before undergoing a dental. She didn't push to have the lab, so curious what the wonderful folks here have to say about it. Maybe I should share on the FB group, too.

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I would definitely get the ProBNP before having him undergo any general anesthesia. It will tell you if there's heart damage and then you can go from there. Otherwise you have no idea why the murmur. Some murmurs are more significant than others. If the ProBNP is elevated though, then you should get a cardiac ultrasound (sorry.)

I see you got a lime today!

La-La Leo likes this.
  6. La-La Leo

Thank you! I like how you further explained IF the ProBNP is elevated to get the ultrasound. I appreciate the feedback. If I could just get a urine sample now. :rolleyes:

7. La-La Leo

BTW, it wasn't the vet who brought up last year's dental observation. It was I who brought it up. Maybe it was the mention of detecting a possible heart murmur that made me ask about the dental. Maybe that's when she mentioned the ProBNP lab. I'm going to get that done next week. If I can't get the urine sample, he'll be subject to their technique.
    God bless, Leo!

8. La-La Leo

I realized while entering +5 after PMPS, I didn't enter, +3.75, so guessed at rhe number. I am not getting back up to look at the daytimer where I write it first. It's 1:14am, and the morning starts at 7am.
    Goodnight!

ETA: +3.75 was 70, not 86 as my tired self entered and too tired to go verify with the master records from it (on kitchen counter). :smuggrin:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022