? 12/22 Thelonius 302 AMPS, 114@+4.5. Over a year out and I can't seem to get achieve regulation?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Thelonius, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Thelonius

Thelonius Member

Last thread

It's been over a year now, and I still haven't been able manage to get Thelonius into consistent normal levels. At his last vet visit, my vet very sternly told me that I shouldn't let him drop so low so I reduced him back to 1.25 U. She wanted a full curve but I don't see the need when I have been pretty good at getting his low points. It seemed like he was on the right path, but his numbers started to climb and he never earned a reduction so I brought him back up to 1.5U, where he's at today.

His mid-cycle numbers haven't been awful, but his preshots continue to be over 300. I'm a bit afraid to raise him again, but I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Here’s what I see looking at your spreadsheet. He drops under 50 but you don’t take reductions. Then he bounces from too much insulin. Even long term diabetics get a reduction from 3 drops under 50 or 1 drop under 40.

Thelonius likes this.