12/24...Elmo AMPS..173

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Beth 73, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good morning...will post last night's here as desk top is slow this AM....he is eating now ....going with .25 minus small drop in 30 minutes and going to try to feed 1/4 snacks every 15 minutes during the +1.5 time period to see if I can slow the drop...( if he doesn't graze on his own)
    Last night 12/23:
    PMPS 193
    +1.5. 114. Ate 1/4 can at +1
    +2. 127
    +2.5. 131
    +3.5. 112 Gave 2t 5 carb snack
    +4.5. 167. Goodnight Elmo, momma took Tylenol pm and she is gone :)

2. Beth 73

@Critter Mom ....tagging you cos saw u were on and so I can report in on your godson:).....I think I will hold off on crating and shipping him to you for today:):bighug:;)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Keeping Mittens, Dan and Heather in my heart, thots and prayers as well as all the FDMB godmommas who pulled them thru....job well done ...again :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Well done, Beth! Mogs and Linda and others had quite a marathon helping Mittens last night. I, unfortunately, had to crash because my health issues don't play nice with being over tired. :)

5. Beth 73

Bless your heart, Kris...I'm so glad you took care of you. Your words last night really hit home with me..that in this between time between now and switch I really have the two choices: minus full or minus small drop. I also am trying a new thing this AM where instead of letting him drop like a rock I give just a tiny bit of food in this +1.5 time frame( unless he grazes on his own) to try to slow the drop a bit...we shall see. My goal today/tomorrow is to stay out of the way of other kitties who need real time help unless we have an emergency. So don't worry about us...if things get Scroogy:)i will send up a flare.:cat:;):bighug::bighug::bighug:. Give Teasel and civvies some scritches from us :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

6. Kris & Teasel

You'll be fine! I like your plan to try steering with a little snack at +1.5.

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Just checking in before I head out yet again! YUCK! I like the plan too. You have learned so well Grasshopper...you will be fine! If we see smoke signals one of us will come running! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Beth 73

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat::cat::cat:

9. Kris & Teasel

How's Elmo, Beth?

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

Great minds think alike Kris! LOL! Was just checking Elmo's SS to see where he was at a few minutes ago but didn't see any numbers posted. :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. Beth 73

Kris and Linda....You two are the best..Elmo is same as yesterday except my trying to steer the first few hours so he floated down instead of thudding was a rather epic fail....gave too much and too high a carb...trying a different approach tonight...my desk top where post SS has been crawling but will try to fill in before bed....thanks for checking..you have taught me well :)...here are today's offering from Mr Elmo...I hope and pray your Christmas Eve is quieter !!!
    AMPS. 173. .25 minus small drop
    +1.5. 154
    +2.5. 148
    +3.5. 162. Steering gone awry
    +5. 141
    PMPS. 194. .25 minus small drop
    And that is the story of the day....will post rest of tonight's before bed and hopefully the wheel of death will have stopped on that dang desk top.....maybe I do need to back over it with the Buick:)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Beth keep that sense of humour and you will be more than just fine! You are doing so well but I felt we left you out to dry today! Apparently you managed just fine without us and that's our goal. Carry on. You have graduated from a Freshman to a Sophomore or maybe even a Junior. :D We're still watching your back. Mittens is still a concern but otherwise things seem quiet for the moment. antijinx-emoticon.png

13. Beth 73

Oh, no, Linda, not out to dry at all. The whole situation with Mittens, Dan and Heather has been heavy on my heart. That you all can care for and carry the burden of it is beyond me. Praying for you all to have wisdom and peace as well as for Mittens, Dan and Heather.Makes me cry.

14. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You still have a little room to drop. If it were me I'd do 0.25 without letting out the drop, esp when you can test, to try to get it into the upper double digits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.