12/24 Newman AMPS 244, 103 @+6

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  2. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Housekeeping to move this thread.

Wanted to start this thread for clarity, but the old thread is showing up ahead of this new one.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think you've been doing the right thing, waiting to see if he comes up enough and then shooting the full dose. It seems to hold off the bounces...then he usually does go higher the following nighttime cycle but not much to be done about that.

Also, I think you want the AMPS cell to be yellow since the 236 is what you ended up shooting

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You did very well. I would not shot the 128 with ProZinc, I am sure— also with Newman maybe showing up for a test or maybe not…. I would have retested as you did to see if he was on his way up on his own, etc. This allowed you to shoot the full dose. I agree with Melissa.

Linda and Newman likes this.
  5. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Well, finally got a blue number.

FrostD likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Hooray!

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Merry Christmas, Linda!

8. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Thank you Suzanne. Merry Christmas to you.

It's cold by South Florida standards. I think the low this morning was 42. Too cold for us so we have the heater on!

How is the weather where you are? Any snow?

9. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Merry Christmas Melissa. I hope everyone is feeling well and able to enjoy the visit from Santa.

I was saying it is cold down here by South Florida standards, I can't imagine what the weather is like out your way.

Be safe and stay warm.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    FrostD likes this.
  10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!

Kids were/so excited, my husband and I were talking about how we haven't been this excited for Christmas in a long time. Everyone is finally on the upswing, albeit slowly.

12 degrees today with a RealFeel of -4, balmy compared to the last few days! Friday was a high of 0 with a RealFeel of -30 (yes, Fahrenheit). Very lucky we didn't lose power or have pipes burst.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Sadly, no snow, but super cold. Not what we in middle Georgia are accustomed to. Of course, I came from the mid-Atlantic so I actually have appropriate clothing. But lately I have been wearing the coat I purchased to wear in Russia in February! Usually, I have no occasion to wear that!

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Glad y’all are getting better!

FrostD and Linda and Newman like this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

Hello Linda! I was looking at Newman‘s spreadsheet, an hour or so ago, and I was going to write and ask you if he was being elusive these days. But, I just peaked again and I see that you got a nice blue number on him at 7.5. I hope you are having some nice days between Christmas and the new year, although they’re probably chilly for you in Florida. I hope that you haven’t had iguanas falling out of trees. :woot:

FrostD and Linda and Newman like this.
  14. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Hi Suzanne. I think Newman is feeling good. He still sleeps a lot in the daytime hours, though not under the bed, but rather in one of the dog/cat beds or up on the cat tree. To me, an indication that he is feeling more normal and less vulnerable. He is more active after dinner, likely to want to be on the porch or looking out the window for critters in the night. Come morning most of the toys have been "rearranged" and scattered about!

Taking a break from extra testing. His ear had a small scab for a couple of days so I figured as long as his behavior and demeanor were good, we could assume there were no extremes.

You are right, it is chilly for us in Florida. I think we had a low one morning of 42 and we were all dressed like the Michelin Man! The dog didn't seem to mind, but both cats, Ozzie and Newman thought they wanted to go out onto the porch as usual, but only got about 10 feet from the door and turned around to come back in. I definitely have two Florida cats. LOL They prefer to be inside the heated house looking out onto the porch.

I have not seen any iguanas fallen from our trees so far. I only see one at a time in the back yard, and I think it is the same one. They haven't gotten well established here on the island yet. We are often slow to get sight of the new invaders, but on the positive side over the years the habitat for some wildlife remained for longer. We still have one family of foxes. When I first moved here nearly fifty years ago, there were many more, but always elusive in nature.

I hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays and I assume some winter break for the kids from school.

Thanks for looking in on us.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  15. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he seems to be feeling better!

I remember watching a news report about one of the recent hurricanes, and after the water levels receded there were all sorts of... lovely...creatures stuck in fences.

I am.not equipped to live in the south. Far too many things that could kill me and I wouldn't even know :confused:

16. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

LOL I was only really afraid of scorpions and thought for sure they would kill me, but I have only seen one in fifty years. It was big, about four inches long and black. It was in the office where I worked and a coworker came to the rescue. He simply picked it up and tossed it out the window! I never kill anything, but I thought he should have killed that thing. Well, I will kill a palmetto bug which is the polite word for big roach.

17. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Snakes, spiders, ants! Up here we have two venomous spiders and 2-3 venomous snakes. But they pretty much never make it up this far, brown recluse is our biggest worry. And coyotes, but they usually aren't interested in people.

A scorpion! I'd have run away.

18. Suzanne & Darcy

Me too. I always laugh at how they call really big cockroaches Palmetto Bugs! I say that's a fancy term for a big nasty cockroach. I will kill them too. But they are some of the only things we kill. Usually even spiders we just put outside... although if I saw a nasty spider like a Brown Recluse (I was bitten by one in Maryland,) I would definitely kill it (well.. probably get my son to kill it if he were around.) I'm with you on the Scorpion. Can't believe he just picked it up!

19. Suzanne & Darcy

I didn't realize y'all would have coyotes up there. We did have them in Maryland and Virginia, so I guess they're pretty cold hardy. Unfortunately, coyotes eat cats... well and almost any small things they can find. But even Raccoons eat kittens :-( Sorry, I feel like I'm getting gross now. Enough.

20. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I can live with a spider, but not a woodsman/wolf spider. Several years ago during construction remodel, we somehow got what I considered an infestation of them. They are big and fuzzy. They come out at night and stay up high where they are hard to reach and if you attempt to swat them they run from you! I called a bug company and they sent a guy out who basically said he can't kill them except for a contact spray. He gave me a can of spray and I was on my own since they only come out at night. I made out okay, but at one point I told my now late husband that we would have to sell the house! To say I was freaked is an understatement! Gary traveled frequently for business so he wasn't always available to help. That was fifteen years ago and I still keep an eye out for them.

The brown recluse bite must have been scary and painful!

21. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Looks like we could get some green numbers tonight. What do you think and how close need I watch?

@Suzanne & Darcy
    @FrostD

22. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope you won’t need to stay up too late. Can you get a plus 5 here in a little bit?

23. Suzanne & Darcy

I see that about 8 nights ago he also had a similar blue at almost this same time.

24. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Yes, I can stay up for +5

25. Suzanne & Darcy

So after the +5 you may be able to feed a snack and then go to sleep. I hope.

26. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

27. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

He has been eating off and on since dinner, about a tablespoon at a time.

28. Suzanne & Darcy

Good. I think that will work to stabilize his numbers.

29. Suzanne & Darcy

30. Suzanne & Darcy

Time for +5?

31. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh good. He’s very stable. I see the 175. Now you can go to bed if you want to! Me too!

32. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

And Newman is playing with his toy mouse!
    Good night and thanks!

33. Suzanne & Darcy

Stinky pinkies today so far, but they won’t last forever.