12/27 BuddyM: AMPS 124, +1 168, +2.5 155. Shot normal

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mariette, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Mariette

Mariette Member

2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Nice blue start this morning :cool: With you following TR, you will find more confidence shooting lower numbers over time. With TR, you can give insulin with preshot numbers above 50. Scary at first! I know :bighug:

Keep posting and asking questions. We are here for you!

I see you are on the west coast, I am up in BC. There are a couple people here on that time zone too in case you need help. @tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko The forum can be quiet late at night, so always good to know who you can tag for help :)

@Bandit's Mom is not west coast, but usually around late in the evening (11pm into the overnight our time)

Mariette likes this.
  3. Mariette

Mariette Member

Thank you so much @thebigfuzz! I've received a great amount of wonderful advice! Tiffmaxee has talked me down from two freakouts before haha.
    So I already feel a bit more comfortable shooting blue, knowing I can come on here and find support if we get into trouble.

The people on this forum are really angels giving their time to help us and our kitties through this crazy learning curve.

Looks like he might want to stay blue today :)

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great job shooting blue this morning. As you get more data and get more comfy with it, you'll find you don't need as much of a delay, or any at all to shoot the blues.

Mariette likes this.
  5. Mariette

Mariette Member

Thank you so much Wendy for the kind words.

Yes, I do think my confidence will increase with the lower numbers.

What still scares me is having seen that he can do big drops... like on 18 December when he went from 511 to 208 in 6 hours. So I'm imagining something like that but starting at 124 and it absolutely terrifies me. The more I can get some data with him starting low the more at ease I'll be. But in the meantime I'll be posting when I need some more experienced eyes on the situation. :bookworm:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you see big drops it is indeed terrifying at first! However, the lower you shoot, the shallower the drops with Lantus. It's a bit counter intuitive, but Lantus is good at keeping lower numbers flat and low. Over time, I much preferred shooting lower numbers because the results were much more predictable. Take a look at some other people's posts and spreadsheets, and even though they won't tell you exactly what Buddy will do, you'll get the flavour of it.

And yes, do keep posting when you get those lower numbers. Our guideline here is if you get a preshot under 150, post for help until you have more experience shooting low. There are a few options (a stall is one of them), and some are better in other circumstances. Hopefully we can help you figure this out.

Mariette likes this.