12/27 Jax PMPS 97,+2.5 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaxBenji, Dec 27, 2020.

1. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Nice and easy there Jax. Cute start but need I remind you, today was a day on my "do not do anything crazy list". We are heading out for the afternoon to meet family (outside! at a park! with masks!) to exchange gifts.

Surf safely kitties :cat: Have a wonderful day :bighug:

2. JaxBenji

Thank you :bighug: We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you all did too. Are your schools opening after winter break? I think ours are planning to re-open in person the 14th but I think they are supposed to evaluate early January. Can't wait for Jazzy to be home :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Jazzy is home now and doing well :) Our elementary schools are supposed to open in Jan. 11 instead of the 4th for in person learning. Our high schools are set to open on the 25th for in person. I'm sure the government will re-evaluate, but so far that is their plan. It's odd, because in our county, it's the elementary schools that were having outbreaks. The health unit is who closed them early here, not the government. So I guess we'll see what they have to say as well. I drive for both levels. I'm getting my run pay either way, so it's all good for me. Just miss out on my wages for training new drivers.
    Enjoy your park gift exchange. Have a great day :):bighug:

4. JaxBenji

Hurray! That's wonderful news :cat::cat::cat: Jax has his cell this morning so I hope they can catch up :p

And that's interesting about your schools and closing different levels...Down here, they clump everyone together...so all levels (elementary, middle, high) are either open or closed. Hope everyone can stay safe and healthy :bighug::bighug::bighug: Have a wonderful day, Cheryl :bighug:

Cheryl & Jazzy likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Have fun with your socially distanced gift exchange! Going out to Chinatown to have dim sum outdoors later this morning, but it's 25 degrees right now. We'll see how that goes!

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. Colio

Colio Member

Enjoy your socially distanced outing! Hope you and Jax have a good day :) :cat:

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jax surfs safely today so you can go out without worrying. Enjoy the gift exchange.

JaxBenji likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Susanne I hope Jax surfs safely while you're gone
    Have fun exchanging gifts and seeing family.♥:bighug::cat:

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

10. JaxBenji

Cute Jax. +4 and he's 61. I gave him a teaspoon of MC (15%). We need to leave ~30 minutes so I'll retest - we won't be back until +9 or +10.

I'll see where he's at at +4.5...but was thinking as long as he's rising I'll give one more teaspoon of MC and then the autofeeder has:

+5 *2.6t LC + 1.3t water
    +7 *2.6t LC + 1.3t water
    +9 *1t LC + 0.5t water

If he's not rising at +4.5...well, I'll just cross that bridge when I get there but will likely break out the HC.

Does this sound like an okay plan? I fortunately have never been in this position of having to leave during an active cycle before. @tiffmaxee are you still around to calm my nerves o_O?

ETA - I can also add another meal to the autofeeder...maybe split the +7 snack between +6 and +7?

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm sure Elise will be by with advice if she is around...

I know you don't want to do this unless really necessary, but you do always have the option to put MC (or...egads, HC!) into the autofeeder if he isn't rising and then you really don't have to worry about any funny business as long as he will eat reliably. Jax always gets back to work relatively quickly, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Better too high for a day than too low for a minute, as they say.

Enjoy your outing:bighug:.

12. JaxBenji

Should have tagged you too - thank you for coming by. Totally will add more MC if I need to - or even HC to give peace of mind. His nadir is typically right now but for DAYSSSS he's just been steady in the 70s/80s and the rises. I should never ever announce plans on this board :p Thank you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Cheryl & Jazzy likes this.
  13. Butters & Lyla

LOL Didn't we discuss this the other day? I'm just happy that this time it wasn't me with my poor track record who caused this:p:bighug:. because it usually is me!

You have the tools to keep Jax safe. Make your decision based on the +4.5. I suspect a little MC in the autofeeder will be fine, just to be safe. But meter variance so far would say that his number isn't that different between +1.75 to +4. Need another reading to see if there is a downward trend, imo.

And I do snacks every two hours when I need to be out. I like that plan, personally.

JaxBenji likes this.
  14. Butters & Lyla

Just saw that 57. So MC held him flat more or less. I'd probably do a bit of HC for early snacks. MC for later ones. Again, if you're not coming home to test, give yourself peace of mind. Do more HC if it will help you relax. Whatever you decide, you'll make the right decision for him.:bighug: I am overly cautious with other people's cats:smuggrin:.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    JaxBenji likes this.
  15. JaxBenji

@Butters & Lyla He stayed flat :rolleyes: I gave him a teaspoon of HC (20%) and he's getting more gravy at +5 then on to LC.

+4.5 57 (second strip 61) *1t HC (20%)

*auto-feeder set-up while gone
    +5 *1t MC
    +6 *2t LC + 1t water
    +7 *2t LC + 1t water
    +8 *2t LC + 1t water

Whatcha think? I know there's a million options...ugh the timing :joyful:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  16. Butters & Lyla

Looks good, I'd probably change +7 to MC as well, just as added insurance. But I think if you've left already don't worry he'll be fine. He does tend to rise later in the cycle. Except I saw on your SS he occasionally dips later.

JaxBenji likes this.
  17. JaxBenji

I'm here... family getting in car lol. I'm going to go test one more time then decide. Thank you for helping me :bighug:

18. JaxBenji

Okay, added MC to his +6. Paws crossed. Surf safely, Jaxy.

*auto-feeder set-up while gone
    +5 *1t MC
    +6 *1t MC + 1t LC + 0.5t water
    +7 *2t LC + 1t water
    +8 *2t LC + 1t water

19. Butters & Lyla

Perfect! Have a wonderful time.:bighug:
    Surf it, Jax!!!

20. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sorry. I’m just seeing this. I would feed some hc and leave out mc.

JaxBenji likes this.
  21. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just saw he came up. Mc is good. Enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    JaxBenji likes this.
  22. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hope you had a lovely outing.
    be good, jax!

JaxBenji likes this.
  23. JaxBenji

Well that made for a "fun" morning :p I don't think he dropped while we were out and I am sure he enjoyed his extra gravy. Thankgoodness for autofeeders as if there is any food out, he eats it all at once. Thank you for being my second set of eyes @Butters & Lyla and for your help @tiffmaxee :bighug:

Cheryl & Jazzy and tiffmaxee like this.
  24. Butters & Lyla

Count on Jax to make things "fun". :cat:
    I feel you on the auto-feeder; Butters also would gobble up everything in sight immediately.
    Happy to stop by to toss around some ideas with you before Elise showed up:bighug:. I hope you were able to enjoy your afternoon.

JaxBenji likes this.