12/27 Moe: amps=143;+3=67;+6=104; PMPS=63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Dec 27, 2020.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning Erin...I'm not understanding your logic for the reduction - but then I'll admit I know little about ACRO cats...I'm sure there's a good reason - perhaps I missed out on something yesterday.

Have a great day :)

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  3. Erin and Moe (GA)

Hey Sue. I don’t want Moe hanging in the 50s all the time, with the potential to drop into hypo range and no one’s available to monitor. My goal is to have him a little higher (75-100). I’m adjusting his dose to keep him in that range. So even though he hasn’t gone hypo three times and officially “earned” the reduction, I’m fiddling with the dose to get him where I want him to be. :cat:

Sue and Luci and Suzanne Burton like this.
  4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Surf safely, Moe :cat: Hope the new dose is just what you are looking for Erin :bighug: Are you still on vacation? Hope you have been able to enjoy your time off :bighug:

5. Erin and Moe (GA)

67 at +3. That drop was WAY faster and lower than I expected in the reduced dose.
    Yes, one more day off on Monday, then working short days Tuesday and Wednesday. And then we get New Years Eve and Day off as holidays. It’s been a very nice break!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Moe surfs safely today. It looks like the BCS was a good idea.

7. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

surf safely, moe.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

@Sue and Luci Not only is Moe and acrocat, he is on cabergoline which makes it even less common and trickier to dose. Cabergoline is a medical treatment for acromegaly that can suddenly cause the insulin dose to drop. A high degree of caution is needed when cats are on this medication. Of course ECID on how they respond and how fast, but Erin has done a great job on figuring out what works for Moe.

We have a saying here "know thy cat", it's even more true with cats with acromegaly. One of those things you'll have to figure out Erin is when or if you have to switch to 0.25 unit changes from 0.5 unit. I basically did 0.5 unit reductions until they stopped working.

9. Erin and Moe (GA)

Moe’s numbers are weird today, maybe new dose wonkiness? High midday and low again at preshot. @Wendy&Neko, I figure I’ll decrease by half units until, as you say, it stops working, and then I’ll switch to .25 units. I thought we’d stalled at 4.0 units, but here we are. ;)

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

New Dose Wonkiness does not occur after a reduction, just increases. Though the effects of a reduced dose can be seen in later cycles.

Nice PMPS. :D

11. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Hope the new dose works well for Moe. Preshots are looking good :D Have a great night, Erin :)

12. Erin and Moe (GA)

Holding steady...67 at +2 and +5