12/27- sammy issue

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Sammy, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Sarah and Sammy

Sarah and Sammy Member

Help! I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. My diabetic cat will not stop peeing all over my house. I feel like I have done everything to try to get him to stop but he just keeps doing it. Im feeling like the only option I have left is to lit him down and thats not something I want to do. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

My one cat, after eliminating all possible medical issues and no success with behaviour modification, we put her on clomicalm. Kiity prozac...it finally stopped the spraying/marking activity. She was on it for years and once she got older it just got so we gave it less and less till she was off of it.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's probably worth taking Sammy into the vet so see if there is a medical reason for the peeing. And to discuss possible behaviour issues, it's a very common issue vets deal with. A UTI is one medical possibility for peeing. I can't see any recent data on the spreadsheet, so can't tell if blood sugar is an issue. I've heard of some people using Feliway plug ins to stop peeing. Making sure he likes his litter, trying different kinds, getting new litter boxes as old one smell after a while to cats, making sure there are enough around the house. If there are other cats is he getting blocked from accessing the LB? Dr. Elsey makes a product called Litter Attract, which you can buy with litter or as a separate product you sprinkle on the litter.

THH & Snowcrash (GA) likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Try D-Mannose It stopped my Ravan from peeing everywhere.