12/28 Meowzi PMPS 273, +3~137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

arrrgggghhhh!

be back in a bit with yesterday's thread/responses.

2. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Her picture looks great :)

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

yes, if you're able to link yesterday's condo I would like to read it (otherwise I'll find it again later). I saw it but didn't have a chance to study it yesterday.

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

5. WCF and Meowzi

Yesterday's post

6. WCF and Meowzi

Responses to couple of posts

~ No, it's certainly not as volatile now as back then. She was getting twice as much insulin as she needed back then, IIRC. We started at 1.5u and had to drop very quickly to 0.75u. I'd always thought that was why the bouncies were so extreme then. *If* she's getting too much insulin now, it's probably only a drop or two too much. Shouldn't cause as extreme bouncies, no?

But it is a real possibility she may not be getting enough insulin. Now that she's getting more consistent calories, she may indeed need more exo. insulin help. I just wish there was a definite way to find out. The greens and light blues are throwing me off. Am I suffering from a case of can't-see-the-forest-for-the-trees?

~ She does have food on board for most of the morning PS. She gets her small snack (1/8 oz) and Azodyl at PM+11, and I try to start feeding her breakfast by +11.5 or +11.75. Shoot around +12 of course.

But most evening PS she doesn't have food on board, save for the small 1/8 oz snack + azodyl + norvasc she gets at AM+11. Like tonight, I'm pretty sure she didn't have food on board for PMPS. (We get home at +11, give her the usual small snack.) I don't think we have ever caught her eating after AM+8. Assuming no food spike tonight.

I'm not so sure about sharp drops being caused by food spike wearing off coupled with onset though? I was thinking more along the lines of, her insulin onset is early and sharp, and food on board helps to soften it.

12/26
    AM fed at +1 or +1.25 ==> could she have been dropping already at +1, b/c there was no food on board at AMPS?
    +2 is 41% lower than AMPS ==> is +2 a combo of food spike from +1 wearing off, and onset?
    but she was fed only an hour before +2. but let's assume it is indeed a combo of food spike wearing off, + onset.

12/27 fed at AMPS
    +1 is flat ==> possibly could have dropped if there was no food on board, but since she was fed, that food spike from AMPS is countering onset to keep +1 flat?
    +2 is 26% lower than AMPS ==> +2 drop is softer, less drastic b/c the food spike countered onset.

I'm driving myself crazy with all this. Doesn't help that my brain is fried; I was stuck in a 2.5 hr call with attorneys, blech.

I dunno - after tonight's PMPS, I was game. How much? But just got her +3 - arrrgghhh! I'm thinking if she hits even a touch of green, it will send her bouncing even worse. But if it doesn't, then a drop more could indeed extend her duration to get to a blue PS. (And yes, I'm still worried that she won't eat when she drops too sharply. I'm still not seeing consistent eating). Oh what to do, what to do ...

Another piece of the puzzle - she used to have early onset/nadirs, at around +3, to +5 at the very latest. Now her nadir has moved out to +6 or so. She's still nadiring in the light blues, same as before, but it's now moved out. And on the same dose too. This does puzzle me.

Tomorrow's here :D

Every 72 hours, at AM+11 (5:30 pm). Latest dose was yesterday.

>

I had *thought* mirtz raised her numbers last year, but not significantly enough to warrant pursuing it further. Just something to keep in back of mind and shrug. But didn't diligently collect data to prove or disprove it.

>

I can try and study her ss tomorrow. Brain fried today.

No, not too negative, I think. She's more anxious, sometimes takes close to 6 hours to get ravenous, and she can pace a bit, sometimes yowly, but she doesn't seem too distressed. Have you considered shaving Wolfie's dose? Not by a full 1/4, but just take a butter knife and shave a little powder off?

Did :) Meowzi purred and Cali tried to swat me LOL. She doesn't like physical contact unless it's on her terms.

Hope the cysto and blood draw went well today.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

choy-foong, something's wrong with the link to her ss.
    i can't open it...

8. WCF and Meowzi

oops. sorry, jill. it's fixed now.

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

thank you!

i dunno. looks to me like a classic case of insulin needs changing. i think i'd increase the dose rather than decrease.

10. WCF and Meowzi

she's now at 0.75u. we can raise in morning. raise to fat 0.75u (skinny 1.0), or straight to 1u?

you don't mean change her cartridge, right? we just changed it on christmas eve.

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

no, didn't mean to change a cartridge. sorry!
    because meowzi's appetite changes from day to day, i think i'd start sneaking the dose up every 3 - 4 days.
    i'd try a fat 0.75u first...

12. WCF and Meowzi

okie dokie, one sneakcrease coming up in the morning ;)

thanks, jill, cassandra, cheryl and libby (who's probably still working on my book :lol: )

13. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 12/28 Meowzi +5~172

and up she goes again ...
    at least UG is negative at +5
    UG was positive at +0.75

ni ni, all!

eta - do we add link to today's condo to tomorrow's thread?

14. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

mirtz issues reply

was a thought... just a little observation on limted tests for my wolf. last dose he was really pacing and yowling seemed to last long time, but prob. in time frame you mention. plus he wasn't eating on it. well not enough and had to Force. so stopped and force fed for a week no mirtz. today after the fast he has eaten the most in long time on own no mirtz. still needed bup. so wondering if build up tolerence to long term mirtz . but meowzi has been eating better lately.
    his numbers were higher (mid 200s) the mirtz dose day. but then I have not been testing so much as you.

will post re his bw on community if i can find it lol
    thanks for well wishes.
    if you find any pattern w/ mirtz pls let me know. am curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.