12/28 Oberon PMPS 314/1.6 (1.5 R), +2 294, +4 320

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increased R dose:bighug:. I hope it works to bring Oberon down today.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

1.5 U with the calipers is still less than the max he was getting earlier while we were ramping things up and waiting for the antibodies to break (1.5 w/o calipers, so probably about 2.0 with calipers). So I think I still have room to bump it up some more if this dose doesn't work. Fingers crossed!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the R helps bring his numbers and the ketones down. :bighug:

5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds like you have room to bump it up if needed, because of the switch to calipers. The difference in amount of insulin per U dose when measuring with calipers vs using the lines is significant, from my recollection. Switching to calipers caused a decrease for Butters.
    Fingers and paws crossed here that the 1.5U with calipers does the trick!

6. Lisa & Oberon

When I switched to calipers I actually kept the Lantus amount the same, but the number changed (4.0 U became 4.5 U on the calipers). With R, I was already redoing the scale because of the antibodies breaking. I started with much lower doses and have been working my way up, but now I feel like I'm playing catchup to increasing insulin resistance. I suspect his Lantus dose needs to come way up as well, but I'll have to get there gradually.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  7. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the R. Hope the combo brings the ketones down :bighug: Have a great day, Lisa.

8. Lisa & Oberon

Small dip today, but enough to bring the ketones down a bit, to 1.6. Back up over 300 at PMPS, so he got another 1.5 U of R. Might mean I'm up late, but if it knocks the ketones back more I'm all for it.

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed the new R dose takes a little bit more off.

10. Lisa & Oberon

Morning data: +8 303, AMPS 314/2.5 (1.5 U of R), +2 298, +4 266, +6 280, +9 257

Down a smidge at +2, so that's promising.

11. Lisa & Oberon

Back up a bit at +4, darn it. Could be keeping a small bounce in check, but definitely not getting him any lower. Might be time to bump the R dose up yet again. Maybe 1.75 U tomorrow morning?

On the positive side, it looks like I can get to bed early. DH will get a +8 check.