12/28 Ruby PMPS 112/+2 93/+3 79/+4 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the caliper advice. :) I'm going to give it another shot, with more seriousness now that I know I have to get the technique down. I realized I have about 50 Carepoint syringes that don't have the "hat" or lip around the edge. Hallelujah! I still have a lot of BD syringes that I need to use before I stock up again but the Carepoint ones will be great to practice with for a few weeks. Will come to you with any other questions. :bighug:

Sending healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans who love them so. Have a great start to the week, everyone. It's almost 2021! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom and JOJI and Kit like this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the calipers! And perhaps you know this but you'll have different measurements for different brands of calipers (i.e. 1U will be different mm on each brand of syringe).

Hope Ruby surfs safely for you and hope you have a wonderful day :bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Practice makes perfect:bighug:.
    Have a great day!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can get used to the calipers, you'll love them. I hope Ruby slides down and surfs safely today.

5. Colio

Colio Member

Hope you do well with the calipers :)

Ruby - come on back down! Have a great day Katherine!

6. Katherine&Ruby

+2.5 = 69. Dropped quite a bit since AMPS, time for some carb manipulation!

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Katherine , nice numbers for Ruby, best of luck with the calipers
    Have a good day ♥:bighug::cat:

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I love my calipers! Helps me get it consistent, every single time! You'll love them once you get used to them.

9. Katherine&Ruby

+6 = 75. Ruby's doing some surfing. Am finally getting the right carb percentages to keep her steadily afloat with no sugar spikes.

Played around a bit with Carepoint syringes today--it's so much easier than the BDs! With the few syringes I played with, the printed lines are accurate to the 1.2 mm/unit measurement on Marje's caliper post for Carepoints. Unlike the BDs, the bottom of the "zero" line actually lines up to the edge of the plastic where the plunger stops, which makes things so much easier. Definitely feeling some eye strain though--looking forward to receiving the lightbox and head-mounted, lit magnifying lenses this afternoon!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 112.

CALIPER SUCCESS! :joyful: The new lightboard arrived today and it's so much brighter than my old iPad. I also got this magnifier that makes me look like a robot insect but it is amazing! I was able to use the little arms on the side to measure out .5 units on the BD syringe (the lines were pretty good on the one I used). Now I hope to be more consistent with doses from here on in, and I'll be able to get that elusive .375 units I need to reduce next time. My DBF can't believe how complex the process of dosing has become. I feel like I've graduated to the next level of FDMB! :bookworm::p

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 6.58.30 PM.png

11. Mariette

Mariette Member

That's some serious looking tech there. It looks like you're measuring in virtual reality haha.
    Good job on the success!

12. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Glad you've had good success with callipers! They are fabulous once you get the hang of them. Have a wonderful day, Katherine :)

13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congratulations:smuggrin:!! That is awesome news:bighug:. When is the graduation party? I'd love to attend:).