12/29/20 - Squeaky! AMPS 371 +6=310 PMPS=143 +3 = 87.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Welcome home, Jan! Seems like you guys made it back and forth without too many hitches.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope Squeaky slides down and surfs for you.

4. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks you two! Well Squeaky was in his carrying case in the car yesterday with high numbers so he peed twice in his box. Easily cleanable but not fun for him. However that was the worst that happened! Today I'm giving him all kinds of treats to help him recover from the trip and feel happy again. He's glad to be back but I can see that the car ride took a lot out of him.

How was your holiday? (If you had one!) Thanks again for your good wishes and thoughts. This board is the sunshine in our lives these days and you two are a big part of that!

5. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Squeaky after the skip! Glad you all made it home and sorry he had accidents in his carrier (at least it was contained!) - I'm sure forgives you :bighug: Have a wonderful day, Jan!

6. Jan D & Squeaky

Yah he is getting some raw chicken treats so he's starting to feel better about the whole thing and about me..... ;)

Thanks for your good wishes! You have a wonderful day, too!!!!!

Actually it all went pretty well! :woot::woot: Yay!

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure Squeaky is enjoying all the treats today. I had a good Christmas. Thanks.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad everyone is home and safe. If wetting in the carrier is the biggest issue, I say he did very well on his "vacation". Hope you had a great visit with your mom.

9. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks so much Paula. It was an interesting adventure for both of us! What was fun was the first three days in the hotel room, he was mostly hiding under the chair. But by the end of the visit, he had mastered the entire hotel room with ease! I'm so proud of him!

Thanks for your good wishes, we did have a good visit. Wish I could be closer, she still has me worried although she's looking better.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday, if you celebrate.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  10. Jan D & Squeaky

Hmmm, I wonder if Squeaky will go lime green again tonight like last time?

I also wonder if you guys have a special term for that, too? Do you call them limeys?

11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Jan, you are hilarious! :D

I don't need to tell you this any more - feed him a little every hour and test again at +2.5 or +3? Is it still difficult to test him often?
    I am reminded of that 27! :eek: Next time you get an odd number like that, immediately re-test, okay?

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

With my Smokey and Ollie, we called them popping pickles. Remind me and I will tell you how it came about. Going to bed now though.

13. Jan D & Squeaky

I have more fun on this board!!!! You guys are the best!!!

Yes I will test at +3. He basically tolerates 4 tests a day. More than that, gets unhappy and nervous. Thanks for the re-test reminder. Hmmm, I better put a sticky note next to the testing area.

Popping pickles! That's fun.... How many popping pickles can Paula pick before she pops? Tell us how it came about. Tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  14. Jan D & Squeaky

Hi! So +3=87..... I suppose feed and test again in an hour? However we need to minimize tests.......

Nope. He's not having it. Not eating cooked pork, nor Ziwi NZ beef either. Oh, he might eat some chicken..... Yes he gobbled up a nice chicken snack.

How can I minimize testing now?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  15. Bandit's Mom

Yes, please. We also need to keep him safe. If he eats, you could test at +5 rather than +4.

16. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Bhooma, yes he ate. I will test in an hour.

17. Bandit's Mom

Could you test at +5 rather than +4? I want to see if he'd dropping again close to 2 hours after food.
    Would also give a little gap between tests for his sake.

Leave out the food he likes/will eat. Let him graze on it, if he will. Keep him surfing the greens.

18. Jan D & Squeaky

Hi Bhooma, he tested at 114. It was actually more at 4.5 because it took us half an hour to get him to eat last time. So I timed it an hour from when he ate.

I get to sleep now for the rest of the night, right? When do I need to test next?

He has food out, but not chicken..... Well I could leave out a little chicken.

19. Bandit's Mom

I think he should be fine for the night. You can test at AMPS. Give him a break. Leave out food that he likes and will eat so he can eat when he wants.

20. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks much Bhooma. A little chicken and sleep for the rest of the night! YAY! It was a very successful night.

Bandit's Mom likes this.