12/29 Chloe AMPS 269, +2 = 400

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roberta and Chloe, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I used an open vial for 5-6 months. I used my pens to the last drop

Roberta and Chloe likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Do you store it in the fridge (but not in the fridge door?)

4. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

yes

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Chloe could be bouncing from lows that are not being caught. We don't know how much lower than 68 she has gone without more tests.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Your spreadsheet says you started a new pen on 11/2 so that's not even 2 months yet. But if you think the insulin has lost efficacy, try a new one. If the numbers don't change, go back and finish the original one

She's had a few PS's in green so .5 may be too much...or it may be too little. There's no way to know what's going on without more testing.

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi @Chris & China (GA) Thank you and yes I agree she needs to test more , both cycles :bighug::cat:

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

The only way to know for sure is to test mid-cycle - day and night. From the numbers on the SS, that looks to me like the missing piece.

I've used insulin pens until they run out - the pen I'm using now has an expiration date of July 2020 - it's been in the fridge the entire time - and as you can see it's still effective. Today's new synthetic insulins rarely go bad and are designed to take lots of abuse - people carry them in their pockets/purses in all kinds of situations (however they only carry them for a month)...we refrigerate our pens to allow them to last much much longer since we typically use so little. So unless it was frozen or left in a very hot place (think stove top or car dashboard in the blazing sun)...then it's much more likely it's the cat and not the insulin.

10. Roberta and Chloe

Roberta and Chloe Member

yes. I'm going to increase to .75. She eats a lot!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would not increase until you see how low .5 is taking Chloe. I agree with Sue. More tests needed.

Sue and Luci likes this.