12/29 Meowzi AMPS 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Uh-oh. We have pink. I informed her that the moon party isn't for another couple of days, but she just tilted her head and looked sweetly at me *shrug* She does like to be extra punctual for fun events, and this looks like it'll be a really fun and festive party, new year's eve and blue moon and all.

We sneaked her up to a fat 0.75u this morning. She gave me a little fright - didn't want to eat her breakfast - on the morning of a sneakcrease *gasp* but the mommybean groveled and begged and pleaded and offered palm-feeding, which pleased her. She did finish her 1 oz of breakfast :)

BTW, the mommybean goofed. Majorly. In addition to sneakcreasing right before a full moon - a blue moon even - she also discovered that she forgot to replenish the rapidly diminishing supply of glucometer test strips. And we have an acupuncture appointment coming up tomorrow afternoon, which can sometimes work wonders on her BGs. Can't say we don't have an exciting new year's planned :roll:

I placed two orders for strips this morning, one with Healthwarehouse and the other with Amazon. Will be interesting to see which one gets here first. We probably have enough to last through the weekend. We also an ample supply of strips for our back-up meter, the Aviva, so we may be running parallel tests at some point later in the week.

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by our condo.

He did eat almost a normal amount of breakfast, spread out over time. Surprising that his BG has gone down since then, his nadir is tyically +12. Maybe we'll just end up with anti-nausia meds.

I have always had great admiration for what you go through in caring for Meowzi. Now In our second full day of pleading and coaxing I have thought often of you (and Carolyn/Latte) and felt even more sympathy.

3. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Thanks for the reminder. I just opened my last box of strips and need to order more today :roll:

come back down to the Blue's Meowzie! Jasper misses you!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Meowzi's bean would not dare run out of anything! Whew, you had me skeerd until I read that you had backup strips for the backup meter. :D

5. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Re: 12/29 Meowzi PMPS 275, +3~246

Nice and flat. Not as low as we like, but at least it's flat. What can I say, she loves a good moon party! We tried to SQuid some sugars out tonight, but it looks like the sugars won. Oh well. I took tomorrow off, so we shall probably continue whacking the BGs tomorrow morning.

AcuPUNKture appt at 1 pm tomorrow. Maybe it'll help.

WCR: Hungry happy PURRY furry :) She ate a whole 1-3/4 oz by herself today while we were at tbp! Total calories today: 135: 4-1/4 oz. This is on day 2 of mirtz, started day 3 tonight.

LOL. I had me skeered too, until I started rummaging around some boxes and found an unopened vial of backup strips.

In other good news, looks like both Amazon and HWH has shipped our strips. Now we wait.

Ni ni!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.