12/30/20 - Squeaky! - PM +3=87 +4=114 AMPS=163 +.5=172 PMPS 300

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-29-20-squeaky-amps-371-6-310-pmps-143-3-87.240689/

What does a choir of cats like to sing? “Do-Re-Mew.”

What shall I do? I'm scheduled to be out from now until at least 1 pm.

Thanks!

EDIT: He's also playing the food manipulation game with me this morning. Had a few treats about an hour ago and two small pieces of dehydrated chicken after his pills.

Didn't eat any of his breakfast. I'm going to try cooked pork.

However I gave him some raw chicken last night after he didn't eat anything else. I suspect he's holding out. And will eat after I leave the house this morning.......

Egads. Cats.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

How many hours will you be gone? Please speak in +hours so we know.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Morning Jan! I don't remember if you have a time feeder or not. If not I'd leave out a good bit of MC for him to graze on.

4. Jan D & Squeaky

I'll be gone from now, PS to +5. Please also read my edit.

5. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks I leave food out for him all the time. He has an assortment of foods, that spoiled cat. This morning he has cooked beef, ham baby food, NZ Ziwi beef, and cooked pork. Spoiled brat. He can eat whatever and whenever he wants.

6. Jan D & Squeaky

Okay he ate about 11 pieces of pork. Good enough. What about a vacation shot of 2 units? Then test in half hour?

Although I am already ready to leave.

7. tiffmaxee

While you were on vacation he did eat without you. He’s been all over with dosing and his bg lately due to your vacation. I’d probably shoot 2 and leave out lots of food. I was one that never left before I was sure of Max’s plans.

8. Jan D & Squeaky

That's interesting we both came up with 2 units. Do you think I need to wait half hour and test again to be safe?

9. tiffmaxee

I would.

10. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks. How bad is it to keep changing the dose like this?

I actually signed up to work from 12 to 1 then found out later the event started at 9:30..... :banghead:

11. tiffmaxee

It’s not that it’s bad to keep changing the dose. It just can give wonky numbers and make it hard to predict what he will do on a given cycle, at least for me.

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Not good to keep changing doses. And he has been doing so well of late - you want to be able to maintain the consistency. Any chance you can change the shot times such that you can at least get a +2 every day before heading out?

13. Jan D & Squeaky

This is one of the problems with being single. Anything urgent / or anything that comes up, I have to deal with it...... and put something else aside usually.

Today's event was not urgent but other than medical appointments it's the one interesting and rewarding social event I've done for the past 3 or 4 months. A luxury for me. I'm meeting others at the church, we'll pack lunches and give them to the homeless at the food pantry. I've wanted to do something like this every Christmas for the last 20 years and have not had opportunity to do so. I have been so looking forward to doing this. We have a lot of homeless people here and it just pulls on my heartstrings.

So my usual shot is supposed to be at 9 am but how often don't things go as planned. So from the trip we're inching earlier at 9:30 this morning for the shot, after consulting with you guys (took a while) it was 9:40. Will try to get it to 9. If Squeaky plays well, I let him play, he needs the exercise, joy and stimulation. That often pushes the time back. This morning he didn't play at all, though, but he climbed in his tree.

Usually I don't head out. Today was a rare exception, of course.....he.... had..... to.... be ..... low....... :rolleyes: :) :arghh: :D

14. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Would moving the shooting time to 7am (or earlier!) be an option? That way, you can leave the house in the morning after a +2 and you wouldn't even have to stay up till the early hours of the morning to get a +4/+5 at night.
    Or are you more of a night owl? :)

15. Jan D & Squeaky

Yikes. Can't answer that now.

Squeaky wouldn't take the chicken treat from my hand, he was mad about the test LOL.

Have a great day. Do you ever sleep, Bhooma? :) :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Our cats have the worst timing. I hope Squeaky surfs safely today.

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Ok about the pickles.

I can pickles. Smokey liked to sit on my feet while I was prepping. One day Ollie did it while I was prepping and posting in here. Wendy said maybe the smell of brine would give the idea to get her in the greens. I said ooh a pickled Olive. Well she did just that. And I posted Ollie's been pickled, maybe a bit to much. It stuck. Any time she hit greens "she's popped a pickle". Even have different pickle gif, photos etc I or others posted in her condos on those days. Here is just 2 of them.

How I miss her so!!!!!! dancing-pickle-like-dancing-banana-large-color-animated.gif 8509187842_223298926b_z.jpg

thebigfuzz and Butters & Lyla like this.
  18. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

This made me laugh! I bet your condos were hilarious.
    Also, I believe that pickles deserve to have their own food group in the food guide. I make (and eat) a lot of homemade pickles.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: :bighug:

19. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What kind do you make? I do garlic dill. Last year I tried sweet but haven't tasted them yet. Made some sweet relish few years back. Still have some and strawberry jam.

20. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Bhooma, So far more of a night owl. I seem to focus best between 8 and 11 pm. :( Hoping to change that so far no progress.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. Jan D & Squeaky

Yup. At least he timed getting diabetes during the pandemic when I'm home MOST of the time...... Thanks for your good wishes. I hope Furball is doing well! You too!

22. Jan D & Squeaky

Popping a pickled Olive! LOL! So fun that you can pickles! Love the green images..... Sending hugs to your guardian angel and you. :bighug:

23. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Always garlic dill. I'll do some canned but my first choice is to make fermented pickles using saltwater whenever possible. I've never tried making sweet ones. I also like to make jams. I didn't do it this year because I didn't have time. But my fridge is filled with fermented pickles.