12/30 JASMINE NEED PM DOSING ADVICE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim and Jasmine, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Kim and Jasmine

Kim and Jasmine Member

Hi all... I don't know what is happening lately but for the past 5 days Jasmine's PMPS BG numbers have been on the low side. On the nights I work I prepare a syringe of 2u for my daughter to administer but when she texts me Jasmines number I have told her not to give. When I've been home, I have given her lower dose of 1u. For a while I had thought I was going to have to increase her insulin but not sure what to do now. Should I give lower doses at night time now?? I work alot and crazy hours too so I have not been able to get a curve. I do have some time off this weekend so I will do a curve one day then. Thank you

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Which method are you following? Are you working tonight? When you have to skip it means you need to de tease and find a dose you can shoot every cycle.

3. Kim and Jasmine

Kim and Jasmine Member

Day shift today and tomorrow then off for 3 days!! I gave her 1 unit after her dinner tonight because she does goes up as you can see from her SS. Im just afraid to give her the 2u. I tend to pass out from exhaustion and really can't stay up all night to monitor especially when I have work the next day . But I monitor and feed again before bed

4. tiffmaxee

I think you will need to lower the dose and it sounds like you need to follow SLGS. With this method a reduction is earned for falling under 90. So the most you should shoot in the morning is 1.75. You would not shoot if under 150 and give a token dose of 10-25% if between 150-200. Please read this sticky when you have time.

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

I would get a +2 and post the results.

5. tiffmaxee

What we suggest you do when you get a low preshot number is stall, don’t feed, and retest in 20-30 minutes to see if the bg comes up to a shootable number without food. When she’s under 100 at PMPS she bounces from being lower than used to or if you had stalled the bg might have come up over 150.

6. Kim and Jasmine

Kim and Jasmine Member

When I am home I did stall and retest. Should be on SS, still low

7. Kim and Jasmine

Kim and Jasmine Member

Thank you. Do I give same 1.75 both am and pm?

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I see the 93 on your SS as the PMPS, did you give any insulin? What was the number after stalling?

9. Kim and Jasmine

Kim and Jasmine Member

She is 153 at +3

10. tiffmaxee

Yes, if high enough to shoot. Did you read SLGS to see if that’s what you want to do? If so would you please add that to your signature? We need to find a dose you an shoot most cycles. We may need to go even lower.
    That’s a bounce starting. You are fine for tonight.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. tiffmaxee

One more thing. Since you FD shoot would you change your title? Add PMPS ### 153@+3 Thanks.