12/30 Socrates AMPS 235 PMPS 440

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ilianna and Socrates, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Ilianna and Socrates

Ilianna and Socrates Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-socrates-hypo.240557/#post-2708307

Hello! Still lower than usual with so little insulin..I am confused...In the begining of Decenber he had a full blood work and apart from diabetes of course ,he was ok ( he has slightly elevated creatinin levels 2.3 for the last 2 years ).The vet recomended to increase insulin to 2 units x2 from 1 unit because during the curve at the clinic he was all the time above 300. Thank God I had found this amazing group and only increased by 0.25 .But it seems it was already too much.As you can see on his spreadsheet he is now on 0.75. I also changed Purina DM to other wet food low in carbs.
    Can this drop of BG levels be caused by something else,illness for instance?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    @Bandit's Mom @tiffmaxee

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Marje and Gracie likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Just saw this! Not getting alerts for tags.

The drop in BG levels could just be on account of change to a low carb diet. :)

Please get at least one test in addition to the pre-shot tests? It does not have to be +6, it can be +2 in some cycles, +3 in others etc. Without the tests, we don't know how low he is going and whether the dose is too high or not high enough!

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Not a bad start on this dose. Is it possible to get another test later in the PM hours? I'm curious as to what's going on at night...not many tests there. A lot of kitties do their best work at night...it would be a good idea to get a test before going to bed and then set a alarm and get one around 6-9+. You may be surprised.

4. Ilianna and Socrates

I will do it! I don't need an alarm,he wakes me up 2-3 times every night for food:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: Btw amazing spreadsheet!So detailed!!wow!!

5. Ilianna and Socrates

PMPS 440 !!
    He is still on 0.75 units as tiffmaxee suggested.Couldn't get hin tested between shots,he was too nervous and would not cooperate.Should I increase again to 1 unitfrom tomorrow or wait ? @Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Without any nighttime tests, I can’t suggest you increase. Cats often go lower at night and, before we increase the dose, we need to know how low the current one is taking him.

Thanks for starting a new condo and good job linking the last one.

7. Ilianna and Socrates

I will do curves tomorrow and during the weekend and I will post again,Thank you!

Marje and Gracie likes this.