12/30 - Zorro - AMPS 222, +3 232, +4.5 172, +6 130 - PMPS 244, +2 209, +4 120, +7 69, +8 89

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Xara Kakarantza, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

That is a good PS reading! A +2 will tell you whether you will have an exciting cycle or another day for yourself! :)

Xara Kakarantza likes this.
  3. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

4. Bandit's Mom

Bounce continues! Let's see if he is lower by PMPS.

5. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Yes, I see that ..
    I hope the night does its best and we continue the falls

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Could be those flat yellows will lead to some more action later...maybe Zoro is just taking his time getting there...

7. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Maybe!
    So let's give the time it takes lest his body do its magic and give me beautiful numbers in the coming days

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd agree he's still in the bounce from hitting those lovely greens a couple of days ago...give him another day or two, hopefully he'll clear the bounce and get back to business, if not since you're on TR, you could increase anytime after 6 cycles; you can also wait up to 10 cycles if the numbers are better.

9. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I'm sure last night, after the PMPS, between +4, +5 it must have been blue, but I did not hear the alarm clock to get up as I am exhausted with the constant nightlife and the fatigue of work!

Now I measured it at +4.5 and it has 172.
    Yes I think he wants a little more time, maybe it will take another two days to clear the image..

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

You do not have to test every hour or even every 2 hours unless there is a big fall at the time of onset of insulin. For example, today, another test around +9 might have been sufficient. And in a cycle like yesterday's AM, where the +2 or +3 is much higher than AMPS, it is clear he is bouncing and you can stop testing till PMPS.

I do not think he went low last night.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

12. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

I believe that if I relied on the current measurement of +2 or +3 and re-measured at +9 again, I would lose the intermediate blues.
    What is your opinion?
    Do they have any significance in the end or do we look directly at the greens now?

13. Bandit's Mom

We do not have to capture the lows of every cycle if they are higher than the lowest value you see on this dose. I am nor sure if I am saying this clearly. We know that Zorro has gone as low as 73 on this dose. We would like to know if he goes any lower.

In any case, more data is always welcome. Especially in the initial days when we are trying to understand how our cat behaves on insulin. I just thought to give you and him a break from pokes! But you are right in getting as much data as possible when you are at home this week. :)

Maybe tomorrow and day after you can test at +7 or +8 instead of +6 - fill up the gaps in the SS. You don't have to do that today, though!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Xara Kakarantza and Sue and Luci like this.
  14. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

You told me in detail And now I understood much better!!!
    Thank you very much for doing this!!
    Indeed I am Home and I am anxious to do my best for him, but yes, what we are really interested in is the lowest measurement at this dose! !

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like you have switched over from SLGS to TR. With TR, once you start seeing nadirs that are under 200, you hold the dose for 5 days/10 cycles. If your cat is no longer new to those numbers or the nadirs are over 200, the dose is held for 3 days/6 cycles. What I'm not sure about is where you are in the process. Here's my confusion -- with SLGS, you would have reduced the dose on 12/27 (numbers dropped below 90). Since you held the dose, Zoro has been at 1.75u for 12 cycles (6.5 days). With TR, you would be increasing the dose to 2.0u.

16. Bandit's Mom

Sienne, Xara is following TR now. I had suggested that Xara hold the dose. Just to see how he fares after the bounce clears.

For my own understanding - I have seen folks here being advised to hold the dose 10 cycles from when they first hit green (not 10 cycles in all). To see if they see better nadirs after the bounce clears. Is that not what is to be done?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  17. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Unless there's a big change before AMPS, I'd increase then. I'm not sure why you would wait another day. If you want to follow TR, you need to be attentive to when you change the dose. As I noted above, you're due for an increase.

19. Bandit's Mom

Hi Xara, were you able to get any tests after the +4 last night?

20. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

It is difficult to spend the night ..! It's 5 in the morning here
    +7 69

21. Bandit's Mom

Excellent! Green again. You give insulin at 10am and 10pm?

22. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

Yes! 10am and 10pm!
    Another day 1.75 I do not want to rush, after all one day is only..
    Maybe he has something to show me ..
    ok?

23. Bandit's Mom

Yes. I agree. I wanted to see whether he dips into green again after he cleared the bounce and that's why I wanted you to hold the dose.
    Can you test again in an hour or two to see how much lower than 69 he is going? I am sorry, I guess you are not getting enough sleep!

24. Xara Kakarantza

Xara Kakarantza Member

This is exactly what I wanted to see too ... how low it will fall again after the liquidation !!
    That's why I said..one more day, yes it does matter!

+8 89
    Now I can finally go back to bed for a while longer, I'm exhausted with the night alarms for so many days

Bandit's Mom likes this.