12/31/20 Chicamonkey AMPS 493+2 433

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzi and Chicamonkey, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

Praying....
    increased dose to 2.5
    No blacks but close.
    Expecting wonkiness......
    she’s acting fine...
    Just waiting

JOJI and Kit and Bandit's Mom like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope you get to a good dose soon. Btw, the Units column in your SS seems to not have anything it it for last night and this morning. Don't know if its my computer...

3. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

There are no black numbers because she's not bouncing...nothing much to bounce from...as her numbers are just to high right now. Let's hope the increase is the 'magic' and kicks in soon and starts to bring her numbers down. After she starts to hit lower numbers be sure to test/feed to help her surf those lower numbers as long as possible. THEN you'll want to watch for the bounce...as she isn't familiar with the lower numbers and her body is going to respond...with potentially much higher numbers...it's a pattern you'll see that will diminish over time...as the insulin starts to work and things start to level off, the numbers will be more level - even at lower numbers. Take a look around at some of the other spreadsheets and look for those low long runs in lower numbers - that don't result in a bounce to the moon.

There are some cats who still bounce...but most of them who are well regulated don't...you'll see the curve of the insulin as the AM and PM numbers are typically a bit higher, then once the insulin kicks in the numbers slide down and roll along and then toward the end of the 12 hour cycle they rise again - and another dose is on the way...rinse/repeat...

I hope this is helpful...you'll see this pattern develop over time :)

I also wanted to add: If you did administer the 2.5 last night and this morning - assuming you just forgot to put the numbers on your SS - then you're already on the 4th cycle - if you're doing TR you can increase again in 2 more cycles - if no lower numbers are seen. Let's get this girl down off the moon as soon as possible :)

Butters & Lyla and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the increased dose for Chicamonkey! I hope it brings better numbers.

Suzi and Chicamonkey likes this.