12/31 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We've been wiggling around 2.6/2.8/3.0 for a week now. I wish Blackie's dose would go down some more and stay there. We seem to be postponing his shots frequently with his late drops.

We've had more snow this month than I remember ever having. It snowed the last 2 days & looks like it could snow some more. Streets are snow packed and slick. I went to my 1st pt appt yesterday & my shoulder is sore today. I am sick of the sling & it keeps cutting off my circulation & makes my good arm numb. I'm wearing it less, but it hasn't helped yet. I've looked online for sling ideas, but haven't found anything that looks like it would help.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope your shoulder starts feeling better soon! And Blackie''s #s keep improving!!! And Spring comes soon!!! :)

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

This sounds like something that could be made semi-easily, and it looks like it might be more comfortable than a regular cotton sling (more give and cushion). I know nothing about slings, though, so I could be way off base. ;)

http://www.armsling.com/

I hope Blackie's #s settle down for a good New Year's present. It snowed in STL and everyone was freaking out. The grocery stores were packed, people were driving off the road, calling off work, panicking. What's that you say? Sounds like a major storm? Nope. 1 inch. Oye!

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sarah!!

Glad you're back. We've been wondering & worrying about you. Please tell us how your babies are and how your trip was. :D :D

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

My babies are all fine, happily. :) We got in Sunday evening and didn't pick Cassie up from my friend's until the next day. The kitties were happy to see us, or maybe they were just happy to be fed, I'm not sure. ;) They all three piled on my lap while I was on the couch, so I was warm and cozy with them. :)

Cassie seems to have had a great time at my friend's. She has a black Lab who Cassie loves, and 3 kids to keep her entertained. The oldest, 11, took Cassie on a walk every day and they both loved it. Cassie has been sleeping quite a bit the last few days; I think there was a lot more activity over there than she's used to. She has been lively in the mornings and on her walks, though. Santa brought her some new toys (and the kitties got some too) and treats, so she's been busy with those as well.

Buzz's BG was 150 the night we got back. I didn't shoot as I wanted to wait to see what it would do after a few days. She was getting bigger meals less often while we were gone, and I thought that might be affecting it, as well as maybe some stress from us being gone. I just checked now and it was 97. Yippee! :)

I also got the free Lantus before it expired. I think my vet was really suspicious, since Buzz isn't on insulin, let alone Lantus. I told her that if Buzz does need to go back on and my bottle of PZI is no longer good, then I would be switching her to Lantus. I feel like my vet thinks I'm going to sell it on the black market or something. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. ;) At any rate, I will hold on to it for just a short while and if things don't go south, I will have some Lantus to give away. A win-win situation, if you ask me. :D

Our trip was very nice. The drive was SO long (2130 miles door to door) but the time away was quite relaxing. It was both awesome and odd to be wearing capris and flip flops on Christmas Eve. I just really can't wrap my head around warm weather at the holidays. I wonder what the holiday ads in Australia are like. Not only is it warm, but it's not even winter. Perhaps they show surfers in Santa hats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.