12/31 Hershey AMPS(68)+5.25(278)PMPS(174)+7.5(42) HAPPY 2015!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doug N Libby, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Haven't been by in a while, but wanted to stop in and say I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a fabulous 2015!! We had a great Christmas that was over too soon. Got to celebrate with all our kids and our grandbabies. Beth Ann is sitting up and army crawling (FAST!) and Sammy is talking up a storm. (Attaching a recent picture)

We've been moving for the last 4 weeks and that, allergy issues associated with stirring up dust and whatever, plus Christmas and a couple of hiccups have wreaked havoc with any kind of shot schedule we once had. Hershey has been pretty forgiving; what a good boy he is! Makes me feel awful, but I'm hoping to find a new normal soon.

Hershey and Oreo are loving the new house, especially the 8 windows in the family room. Oreo can patrol pretty much the entire area from there! Bought Hershey a heated bed for Christmas, which he snubs, but Oreo enjoys. Even with the messed up schedule and lows and bounces, Hershey still seems to be happy and feeling good. He did start having runny, sometimes liquid poo, the first part of December. We discontinued the Miralax and wondered if he had eaten something that disagreed with him. It isn't all the time now, but at least once a day, even without the Miralax. He's overdue for his annual check-up and I hope to get him in soon. I would be more concerned if he was acting funny, but then I know cats can hide things, too, so I don't want to wait too long.

Back to unpacking boxes! oh. joy.

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

AMPS (68) +11.75 - Shot .3u at 7:15 am
    +2 (99) - fed
    +5.25 (278)
    +8 (190)

PMPS (174) + 11.5 - Shot .3u at 6:40 pm
    +2 (119) - fed
    +6.5 (34) - fed 1.5 tsp Special Diet + 2 drops karo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Josie & Ripley (GA) likes this.
  2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

libby those are some adorable grandchildren you've got! your DH looks pretty sweet too! My eldest daughter got married this fall and they've already been talking about kids so i'm hoping at some point . . .

you might try giving him a small amount of pumpkin (canned, nothing added) to see if that helps bulk up his stools. Poor little guy. I could never get punkin to eat it, but i want to say people give about 1/2-1 tsp per day. I'd start with the smaller amount.

Hope things settle down at your place and Hershey starts to feel a bit better. Let us know how the vet visit goes!

3. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Hey, Julie! Thanks about the grandkids. They're so much fun! But, exhausting, too! Doug says the quote about 'if I'd known how much fun grandkids were I'd have had them first,' is true. :) You will LOVE being a grandma...granny...grammy...nana...You might want to start trying out your grandma name now. I kind of wanted us to be Meemaw and Peepaw, but Doug didn't like it. He chose Pops and I went with Nana. But, if a grandchild changes it, that's okay, too. My FIL is Grandpa to the 3 oldest grands, but my eldest called him PaPa, so from her on down call him that.

I hadn't even thought about the pumpkin. I gave it to him a few times several years ago for constipation. Didn't seem to help, but might help with this issue.

Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to see you :D

Looks like Hershey wants to have a jammy party tonight. Hoping the karo nips it in the bud because this old gal is TIRED!

PMPS (174) + 11.5 - Shot .3u at 6:40 pm
    +2 (119) - fed
    +6.5 (34) - fed 1.5 tsp Special Diet + 2 drops karo
    +7.5 (42) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I see that 34!!!

Nice to see you too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.