12/31 Michelangelo AMPS 168, +5/60 PMPS 194

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Relaxed Previous Condo.

I haven't done a Michelangelo condo in a while so I figured I should at least do one last update for 2014.

I still can't get over how much lower and more level his numbers have become since switching to Levemir. He spent from all of June to the middle of October with NO numbers over 300! :D Then, it was mostly my fault because I decreased his dose for safety while I was dealing with a lot of family stuff throughout October after my mom died. I've also discovered that Mikey's numbers seem to be overly sensitive to weather. We don't really get "weather" where I live, but on the rare occasion it actually rains here, I've noticed Mikey's numbers definitely tick upwards...probably because he doesn't do anything but sleep all day.

I decreased his dose slightly a couple of days ago because he was giving me 300s again and half the time I start seeing the "AMPS Wall of Pink," it's because his dose needs to be decreased. With this morning's pre-shot, that looks to be the case again. :cat: I expect he'll level out the next couple of days and start giving me some more of those greens we've been missing in consistency the last few months.

And with that, I bid you all a Happy New Year!

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Happy New Year to you too.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you too. While I know you miss the old forum, it's kind of nice to see your posts here without having to search them out. :cool:

KPassa likes this.
  4. Laura & Heffernan

Laura & Heffernan Member

Yay!! Welcome back Kay!! Happy New year! Wishing you a year filled with happiness and lots of green #'s for Michelangelo.

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you & your crew, too!

6. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Not sure how to update the Subject Line from my phone, but Mikey's +5 is 60, so it looks like this decrease is doing its magic already and we're seeing green again!:D

I don't miss the old forum. I miss all the people from the old forum who have stopped posting.:cool:

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I guess to me the forum IS the people that post in it. I hope those that have disappeared will return. Nobody is going to try to convince them to do TR. In fact several times when new folks have posted on TR the moderators have asked what the goals are and said they will help them with or without TR. I remember that being posted on one of my first condos. Have a great afternoon

KPassa likes this.
  8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

It is so nice to read about your good results with Lev! We saw others here getting good results with it for their bouncy kitties and considered it with Zener, but our schedules didn't work out well. When I retired in May, a switch would have been possible, but by then, Zener had so many other health issues we didn't want to throw in an insulin change.

Happy new year to your sugar baby and you! :cat:

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm also glad you are posting, Kay, and hopefully you can encourage some of the others who have left FDMB to come back and join us all in our new home. I do agree with you that weather can affect numbers. A friend of mine who is diabetic told me the barometric pressure changes can send her BG skyrocketing. I've always thought that some cats look better "seasonally" and I think Gracie and Mikey are in that group.

Let's hope for better weather and an early spring! Happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.